Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 39 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
andygo
Regular
Regular

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 39 LAUNCHED

Postby andygo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:17 pm

Hey all, the Han and Leia from that exhibition (and they were at the Barbican exhibition if I remember correctly) are not from ANH.
The Han is from ROTJ, if you look at the trousers and the waistcoat in both cut and colour you'll see the difference to the ANH costume. The Leia is from the end scene of ESB and was made in a heavier fabric than the original.
Cheers, Andy

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:24 pm

Brilliant stuff Andy

Lom
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Lom » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:23 pm

This was the first episode I've actually been waiting to download - I've been so far behind, in fact I was approximately 18 months behind at the start of the year but have been catching up gradually.

Great episode as always chaps - was well worth the 4 day wait since I finished listening to the last one!

Great to have Si onboard and great that Pete's back although I'll miss Grant.

Enjoyed all the usual shenanigans; the main interview was very interesting as usual as were the FF interviews. Also really enjoyed Andy's contribution; would love to see him return in the not too distant future as it's clear he has a ton of stories to share. Also enjoyed the part about board games - really made me want to dig a couple out. Oh, and as mentioned by Andy just dug this out too, Steer-n-go; loved this so much as a nipper!

IMG_6704.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sith happens.....

TheWiseRabbit
Regular
Regular

Postby TheWiseRabbit » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:35 am

I'm a huge podcast fan and looking forward to getting into this. Just downloaded ep1 so got a lot to get through
The geek shall inherit the earth!

Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Darth Bobby » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:33 pm

Great episode this month, lasted me an entire weeks commute. Sad to hear Grant is moving on but as we know he can always come back. Have learned a lot from his insights over the time I've been listening, always enjoyed his enthusiasm and passion for all things Star Wars. Great news that Peter is coming back, I don't think he realised how many people like his top of the pops chart rundowns. Andy did very well, really enjoyed his contribution, I think I spoke to him and FF, fantastic Ewok prop, would love to see more in future. Pleased that Simon has been officially accepted in to the tribe, can wait to hear the new line up in action. Thanks for all the hard work lads, it's really appreciated.

Seahawks
Regular
Regular

Postby Seahawks » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:22 pm

andygo wrote:Hey all, the Han and Leia from that exhibition (and they were at the Barbican exhibition if I remember correctly) are not from ANH.
The Han is from ROTJ, if you look at the trousers and the waistcoat in both cut and colour you'll see the difference to the ANH costume. The Leia is from the end scene of ESB and was made in a heavier fabric than the original.
Cheers, Andy

Interesting that they advertised them both as ANH props at the exhibition when they were not. Thanks for clarifying Andy.

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:37 am

Yet another enjoyable episode that flew by. Si did a good job and good to hear Pete is returning. Nice to hear I'm not the only one baffled by paint shade variants :)

jared007
Regular
Regular

Postby jared007 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi,

Great show as usual, just an hour or so in but though I'd mention about the Star Wars Tracker - you can usually get a bit more detail about sold prices either with the raw data view, or drilling down on individual price points. I think the example Ewok Glider Stu mentioned at £70 was this sealed box version

You can also filter with more options on the left such as graded/MISB etc to know exactly what's going on.

Cheers, Jared.

glider.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Digital vintage price guide and portfolio system: http://www.starwarstracker.com

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:17 am

And finished!

Sorry to hear Grant is leaving, you will be missed. Good luck to Simon and welcome back Pete!

Not sure why me having a few too many old Rosy's at FF was such big news. Stu mentioned it at least 3 times :-p

I'll get on the jaegers for Xmas FF...

Keep up the good work fellas!

:-)

Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”