Header image

Excuses you give yourself to buy MOOAARR!!!

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Excuses you give yourself to buy MOOAARR!!!

Postby subzero » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:50 pm

Twin30mm wrote:
subzero wrote:I suppose when it comes to the characters in different costumes they defo are different figures, like R2 sensorscope or solid top they're completely different variants. But when it comes to simple paint variations or figures from a different country manufacturer like PBP but the exact same costumed figure then it really is after all the exact same figure in my mind, the only paint variation iv'e dabbled into is Fett which I have 3 of now. As for all the other characters i'm still believing I will never collect any other paint variants, but we all know like you do that can quickly change haha!

I've found variant collecting a very slippery slope.
Just where do you draw the line???

After completing the basic loose run a few years ago, my intention was to just collect the major variants e.g. VC Jawa, Blue Snag etc.
This has now mutated into collecting the major COO variants of each figure........and so it goes on.

I'm convinced I'll still be scouring Ebay for a Molded Legs Han Hoth, when I'm in my 70s :D

Exactly, that's the slope I really don't wanna go down lol but i'm confident though I'll never get into COO collecting, it really just doesn't do anything for me whatsoever so i'm hoping my beliefs stay that way. :lol:
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Twin30mm
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Twin30mm » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:12 pm

subzero wrote:i'm confident though I'll never get into COO collecting, it really just doesn't do anything for me whatsoever

Exactly the mantra I was spouting for years.
MOCs were financially out of my league, so loose variants seemed like the natural progression.

The next mantra is.......
"I'll never get into Bootleg collecting, it really just doesn't do anything for me whatsoever"

We'll see how that one goes..... :lol:
"I want more life......f*cker"
WTB List: http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26380

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:47 pm

Twin30mm wrote:
subzero wrote:i'm confident though I'll never get into COO collecting, it really just doesn't do anything for me whatsoever

Exactly the mantra I was spouting for years.
MOCs were financially out of my league, so loose variants seemed like the natural progression.

The next mantra is.......
"I'll never get into Bootleg collecting, it really just doesn't do anything for me whatsoever"

We'll see how that one goes..... :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I'll remember this thread and will dig it out in 5 years time to quote my comments, after iv'e got a full complete collection of every COO in the world :lol:
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”