Near Perfect Repros

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Maybe this should be in the ebay/fakes section but it seems a pretty big deal. These fakes are very close and will easily fool most. The seller has hundreds and all kinds. He's even boasting that they pass all standard tests.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-x-Vintage-Star-Wars-Weapons-Stormtrooper-Boba-Fett-figure-Blasters/302415191534?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D45992%26meid%3D71cc5a161eb34f5fbacc0d6c888c1283%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D7%26sd%3D172823136899&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

Lindo

Sith Lord
he says get it cheap, how the **** is 21 quid for a fake blaster cheap, i'd want an original for way less than that

subzero

Sith Lord
I'd love to be able to take this seller down, she's wrecking a hobby for an entire community just so one person can make a few quid so she can go and spend it on some ****ing shoes!

The way the descriptions are worded she's trying to be clever by kind of saying these are repro so she has no comebacks, but then completely words it in a way to make people think there's a very good chance they're actually genuine when she knows 100% full well that they're not. We should all make a purchase of just 1 cheap weapon then return them all for being fake to get the money back, then if everyone left neg feedback she wouldn't sell near as many :evil:

This seller has been flooding ebay with this **** for several weeks now, imagine the amount of people these are going to spread to!

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Lindo said:
he says get it cheap, how the **** is 21 quid for a fake blaster cheap, i'd want an original for way less than that

Unfortunately it's 21 quid for 8 blasters. To a casual collector that's a bargain compared to £10-15 each.

It's chicken and egg. The influx of good repros is because prices for the genuine ones are so high, but the prices for genuine ones are so high because there are so many repros on the market.

subzero

Sith Lord
Just looked and there's actually a new update on these repro's on the TIG homepage...

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Just looked and there's actually a new update on these repro's on the TIG homepage...

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/

Great that there is a new update, but I miss pictures compared with an original so I know where and what to look after :(

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Waltham Wookiee said:
I messaged the seller to try and get them to understand the damage this dose to our hobby. She just mocked me and said she didn't care.

She mocked you yet she is the one selling cheap knock off goods on eBay, Del Boy style. Truly horrendous, what a sh1t bag.

subzero

Sith Lord
I wish these things were bloody illegal or at least banned by ebay, wouldn't be nowhere near as much of a problem then!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
They're not fooling me. Yes they are close in many ways but they are also all wrong. The scope's too thick, the magazines the wrong shape, the protrusion at the very back is the wrong shape and the whole sculpt is too sharp. And the colour is wrong. These kind of fairly accurate Imp blasters have been around for years, some of these below were sold to me as long as 9 years ago. I still don't think anyone has made good enough repros to fool a reasonably experienced collector.

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
It is good they are on imperial gunnery already. A lot of collectors use this site and we need as many collectors knowing the repo's that are out there as possible. Education is key.

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Forgot to say thanks to all the efforts of everyone who spent time at spotting the repro's.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
In theory, report these as unlicenced fakes and eBay should remove them. Worth 20 seconds on reporting the item....

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
They're not fooling me. Yes they are close in many ways but they are also all wrong. The scope's too thick, the magazines the wrong shape, the protrusion at the very back is the wrong shape and the whole sculpt is too sharp. And the colour is wrong. These kind of fairly accurate Imp blasters have been around for years, some of these below were sold to me as long as 9 years ago. I still don't think anyone has made good enough repros to fool a reasonably experienced collector.

image.jpg

Where are the epm's on the imperial blasters? Their fake Jawa ones have them on the end of the barrel which is totally wrong and a dead give away (it should just be a seam).

subzero

Sith Lord
Just reported every single listing, i'd advise everyone else to do the same, if all of them are reported then the higher chance of more listings being removed, the more that's removed the more violations this seller will get.

That's the problem with this seller now is she's been selling some of these for a good price so now she's getting greedy, and starting to list a lot of multiple listings flooding ebay with them, and she's started doing multiple 'buy it now' listings too when you're only allowed to have one.

Pure ****ing greed :evil:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom