Header image

Near Perfect Repros

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
TheJabbaWookie
Regular
Regular

Re: Near Perfect Repros

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Robstyley wrote:I've just tried taking some more close up photos of one of the blue/black Imp blasters I posted but it's not working, I can't get them sharp enough that close. I think what's possibly happened is a long time ago I've wrongly identified the V4 as a repro :oops: .There's no other ones (V4's) in my loose figure set so I think every time one's come my way it's gone in the repro bag. The fact a few people think they're genuine I suppose they must be. They just look so new, shiny and black I was convinced they were fake. Oh well, you live and learn :wink:

At least it was the Repro bag and not the trash bag. You've got 5 extra blasters now. It must be your lucky day. Quick buy a lottery ticket...
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:58 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Robstyley wrote:I've just tried taking some more close up photos of one of the blue/black Imp blasters I posted but it's not working, I can't get them sharp enough that close. I think what's possibly happened is a long time ago I've wrongly identified the V4 as a repro :oops: .There's no other ones (V4's) in my loose figure set so I think every time one's come my way it's gone in the repro bag. The fact a few people think they're genuine I suppose they must be. They just look so new, shiny and black I was convinced they were fake. Oh well, you live and learn :wink:

At least it was the Repro bag and not the trash bag. You've got 5 extra blasters now. It must be your lucky day. Quick buy a lottery ticket...

Or the fire! So many people burn their repros :shock:
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Pffft yeah I can laugh about it now. I would never have thrown or destroyed them, I always wanted to refer back to them and they're part of my collecting journey. They have been in the hands of beater Stormtroopers dotted around the house in the past though :lol: The strangest thing was the V5, after being informed it was genuine and only came with a Taiwan Fett I got up this morning and for some reason had a look at the loose Fett I've got in my big cabinet standing next to my loose Slave 1 and low and behold it says TAIWAN on the back of the right leg! He had some dodgy looking Gi-Joe blaster in his hand but now he's got the correct weapon :D

Snaketibe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:05 pm

Robstyley wrote:Pffft yeah I can laugh about it now. I would never have thrown or destroyed them, I always wanted to refer back to them and they're part of my collecting journey. They have been in the hands of beater Stormtroopers dotted around the house in the past though :lol: The strangest thing was the V5, after being informed it was genuine and only came with a Taiwan Fett I got up this morning and for some reason had a look at the loose Fett I've got in my big cabinet standing next to my loose Slave 1 and low and behold it says TAIWAN on the back of the right leg! He had some dodgy looking Gi-Joe blaster in his hand but now he's got the correct weapon :D

I love a story with a happy ending! :-D

TheJabbaWookie
Regular
Regular

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:32 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Robstyley wrote:Pffft yeah I can laugh about it now. I would never have thrown or destroyed them, I always wanted to refer back to them and they're part of my collecting journey. They have been in the hands of beater Stormtroopers dotted around the house in the past though :lol: The strangest thing was the V5, after being informed it was genuine and only came with a Taiwan Fett I got up this morning and for some reason had a look at the loose Fett I've got in my big cabinet standing next to my loose Slave 1 and low and behold it says TAIWAN on the back of the right leg! He had some dodgy looking Gi-Joe blaster in his hand but now he's got the correct weapon :D

I love a story with a happy ending! :-D

George Lucas couldn't of written it better :lol:
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:09 pm

This seller is getting so bloody greedy now, like the amount they were listing wasn't enough already, now they're starting to list even more at once....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-X-Vintage- ... SwDQJZuTMo
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”