Header image

Near Perfect Repros

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Near Perfect Repros

Postby subzero » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Just wow, how desperate!, it's literally every single auction too, figures and everything...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/csc/paugildin-6/ ... _Auction=1

Just reported a load of them!
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:28 pm

I decided to buy some off of paulgilden-6. I figured that would be 8 less reproduction weapons on the market and would give me a point of reference for the future, so I would not get mis-sold one and wouldn’t sell one to someone else by accident.

With them in my hands I’m happy to say that it’s quite easy to tell the Repro Blasters apart from the originals - theyre just too perfect and uniform and look too modern. I need to look into the sabers further. I’ll post some side by side pics up when I get a chance.
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

jay4
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby jay4 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:23 am

Isn't it coincidental that since writing this post about his fraudulant shill bidding that it has all of a sudden stopped. (For now) :D
The guy obviously keeps a quiet eye on all the starwars boards. Keep reporting those completed listings. :wink: Possible that ebay has already issued the warning due to reports hence the sudden stop. ? I'm sure a few other account will resurface to inflate his prices in time - Watch that space.
Edit : spoke too soon he's using his joggers33 account - J***7 to bid up his weapons again tonite on the paulgildin account. :(

xbomber
Regular
Regular

Postby xbomber » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:17 pm

Depressing. He can't really be making that much money out of this so why bother?
This 'lower end' collector has 2 VCJs, 2 mint yaks (one graded) and one near mint blue snag. Not bad for a 'lower end' collector! lol

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:05 am

It's a remarkable coincidence that he's found himself with a large amount of an unknown variant of Leia blasters and Jawa blasters and Luke sabres and God knows what else. He's been terribly unlucky.

Seriously though, similar to what's been said above, as someone who briefly owned two of these they are identifyable by feel compared to originals which are just a bit softer. While, at first, i just thought they were a strain of original i hadn't encountered, I'm quite confident I'd recognize similar again now that I know better.

For now....

xbomber
Regular
Regular

Postby xbomber » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:47 am

Yeah I got some too and they're good but thankfully not perfect.
This 'lower end' collector has 2 VCJs, 2 mint yaks (one graded) and one near mint blue snag. Not bad for a 'lower end' collector! lol

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”