Cloud Car Pilot 'painted torso'

subzero

Sith Lord
Just got this CCP ( Kenner 77 back ) but the torso is painted instead of moulded, and the limbs are moulded, iv'e tried googling about this variant and can't find anything on it.

It looks like a PBP or Ledi torso but it's not, it's actually a Kenner, i'm assuming this might be a rarer variant but does anybody else have one of these or know anything about it or how rare it might be?

Attachments

• DSCF7720.JPG
    DSCF7720.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 835
  • DSCF7722.JPG
    DSCF7722.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 835
Looks painted, but the torso is moulded out of another type of plastic like ABS. Some sensorscope R2D2 and Hoth troopers are the same. I think I remember Wolff saying the could of been made in Macau but still used the Hong Kong coo.

subzero

Sith Lord
Ah right okay thanks for that, it's driving me a little mad now cus I genuinely can't tell it's moulded by looking at it, it really does look painted but if this is a moulded torso then that's some weird plastic they've used lol.

I wanna rip it out and feel it :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
Tarkin's nosehair said:
I wanna rip it out and feel it :lol:
:lol:
thats why i collect loose. Its a nice figure, congrats :D

Haha thanks! :)

I'm actually collecting both, loose and MOC, I do have a loose Cloud Car Pilot I can physically molest but it doesn't have the same torso :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have a few loose figures of them, they are not easy to find, I think.

Cool that you got one on a moc 8)

subzero

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:

Ah sweet so it's still fairly rare then?.. is there any kind of name or anything for this variant?

If it's not a painted torso then what else would this variant be named/identified as?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:

Ah sweet so it's still fairly rare then?.. is there any kind of name or anything for this variant?

If it's not a painted torso then what else would this variant be named/identified as?

I do not know what to call it. But the body looks to be some kind of pbp and legs and arms is more kenner.

There is also a stormtropper that is also a little hard to find with a hard pbp body and soft arms and legs like the kenner. I have a loose and one moc also on a kenner card.

I do not know the story. But maybe it was put together with spare parts from different factories :?

You can see my stormie here :D

Stormtrooper%20214a.jpg

and my moc with hard body and soft legs and arms :D

Stormtrooper%20261.JPG

one of my cloud car pilots with hard body and soft arms and legs

Cloud%20Car%20Pilot%2089a.jpg

Here is another one just with another coo :D

Cloud%20Car%20Pilot%2094a.jpg

subzero

Sith Lord
Thanks for the info on that it def helps a lot, just good to clear it up for me as it's good to have an idea of exactly what it is I own.

So i'll be calling this a hard torso from now on, i'm already aware of the hard torso Stormies but just didn't think it would be the same type of plastic. And yes perhaps they were spare torso's used from another factory for some reason, maybe there was a problem producing it in the Kenner factory so they needed a last minute solution?.. who knows!

Thanks again :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Thanks for the info on that it def helps a lot, just good to clear it up for me as it's good to have an idea of exactly what it is I own.

So i'll be calling this a hard torso from now on, i'm already aware of the hard torso Stormies but just didn't think it would be the same type of plastic. And yes perhaps they were spare torso's used from another factory for some reason, maybe there was a problem producing it in the Kenner factory so they needed a last minute solution?.. who knows!

Thanks again :)

I am glad that I could help, let me know if you learn more about them :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom