R2-D2 And R5-D4 Repro Stickers

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
What are the tell tale signs of a repro sticker on an R2-D2 and R5-D4 ? Imperial Gunnery doesn't really go into much detail of what to look out for, anyone got a side by side comparison shot ? Thanks

subzero

Sith Lord
Not an expert but from my experience so far if the sticker is perfectly white compared to the plastic body which is yellowed in comparison then that is one giveaway, because the sticker should have also slightly yellowed too over time. Another is seeing visible printing lines in the design from a standard home printer, also if the sticker surface is matte/dull then it's printed with low quality printer paper, an original should have a slightly gloss sheen to the surface. The colours are also a dead giveaway on repros, if you look at the blue's compared to an original sticker they're usually a different shade.

However I have seen a couple of repro stickers recently that actually look quite good on ebay, but again it would come down to having experience and spotting the difference, owning an original to compare would def help.

jared007

Padawan
Really crisp white stickers are worth a second look as not being genuine. They just don't look correct on the figure once you start to see a few.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Any sign of pixellation. There was no such thing as pixels in the 70s :)

spoons

Grand Master
I'm sure the older repros have some pattern errors.

This is a 10 year old repro sticker. The figures has been played with and the sticker is a bit faded, some blurring and I'm sure originals don't have the printing gaps.

IMG_4944.JPG
IMG_4945.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom