Header image

What toy did you convert to?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: What toy did you convert to?

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:20 pm

Mr. Tie wrote:
edd_jedi wrote:Sounds silly but for years I didn't have a loose set. I thought having a set of MOCs was at least as good if not better. Then when by chance a couple of years ago I ended up with a few loose figures, I began to appreciate the difference and being able to physically hold them. This is one reason why grading has never appealed to me, I often see the same argument used for carded/MISB etc.

Doesn't sound silly to me at all. A couple of years ago I bought an action figure filled Darth Vader case. After opening it I could smell the plastic of the figures inside, which brought me instantly into a nostalgic mood. After that touching the figures with stiff limbs brought me completely back to my childhood. As if I had taken them from the cardbacks (you should be ashamed of yourself... :lol: ) and started playing with them. Even today opening this case gives me the same feeling. We humans are some kind :wink:

I only have one MOC and that's because it's a 92 back and it enabled me to keep track of what figures I needed. I don't think Its the same looking at your figures with a bubble in front of it, and nothing beats holding them yourself. The smell of plastic when you unlock a zip lock bag brings back so many memories...
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”