Would this bother you?

Cronker

Padawan
Hi
So, recently I've been offloading some beaters, many in reasonable shape, hardly any with weapons.
Now I've noticed some of these pieces being resold on the bay with repro weapons for more than twice what I sold them for.
I don't really care what buyers do once I've sold, but the repro weapon thing annoys me.
What say you?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I can see how that could be very annoying. If idiots are willing to throw good money away on repro rubbish, I suppose that's their lookout, but the whole repro market annoys the hell out of me these days, as it's just exploded. Repro weapons used to be the exception, but today they have become the norm. As long as the repro garbage is clearly labelled as such, at least the seller's not trying to fool anyone. The problem comes when the buyers then sell them down the line; how many of them will be so conscientious / honest about labelling them?

subzero

Sith Lord
Problem too is there's so many of these new version blasters floating around now from certain sellers bulk selling the bloody things on ebay in recent weeks. And yes they're filtering down into other peoples hands and being listed as genuine both knowingly or unknowingly.

Only within the past week alone iv'e messaged a couple of sellers who didn't realise they were selling a fake Leia blaster with their figure, and they responded to say they didn't know it was fake then amended their listing.

It will get much worse before it gets better, hopefully it will get better :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I do not care if people want to sell it again with repro weapons as long as they write the weapons are repro. But I still hate repro.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Yeah these auctions where the seller advertises a handful of new repros where the description is one step away from saying 'so good you can fool people with them' is nasty. Especially for me who has a tin of real weapons to sell and doesn't want to put "They call me honest Dave. These ones are real from my own collection, guv. Straight up" on the auction.

As for the figures selling double with repro accessories. Bloody stupid when, should someone want such a thing, he could buy a loose figure and a repro blaster separately for a quid or something.

hellhippie

Jedi Master
repro's are garbage , people annoy me . anything for a buck today . what can you do though ? just be more vigilant when purchasing and checking your stuff after a purchase

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
It would bother me less if they're being listed as overpriced Buyitnows and the numpty's never gong to sell them. Double the price for the inclusion of a worthless piece of plastic seems excessive. I hope.

Jez

Sith Lord
Very annoying. Nothing good comes from repros.
I'm worried that they will eventually get so good that people will lose heart and confidence in the hobby.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom