[Meccano] Repair old remote control R2D2

brahma

Hello,
I'm new on this forum and I request help to repair my old 1979 remote control R2D2 (same as Kenner but from Meccano brand, i'm french)
Many of the wires are broken and didn't find any pictures on web to help me.
Here are a few pics of my situation
circuit 2_old.JPG

circuit tête recto.JPG

interrupteur_old.JPG

Moteur tête.JPG

My main doubts are on the dark purple and grey wires from the head board (the circular one) and which wires do i have to plug on the motor.
I also have red and black wires from the same head board

Sorry for my poor english and thanks a lot for your help

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
StarWarsFan said:
There is a toy repairer on youtube called toy polloi he maybe able to help you.

Yes i would agree mate toypolloi is very good he is on this forum but is also good with replying to messages on his channel. I'm not sure of his username here i believe its moose something.

Stubbs

A

Anonymous

From those photos it looks like only one wire has snapped. That will need re soldering. I can't see where it snapped from, but it should be obvious, there will be a bit of wire left in the solder joint it snapped from.

Once you've done that, see if it works.

Cheers

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm counting three: purple (first photo), grey (second photo) and red (third photo). Plus the motor appears to be totally disconnected.

The red one is highly likely to go to one side of the motor and there should be a black for the other. Beyond that...... :/

Without a wiring diagram (highly unlikely), a very helpful forum member willing to take theirs apart (also unlikely) I think you're very best bet would be to buy another, as cheaply as possible and take that one apart. Once you've repaired yours, sell the spare.

Not terribly helpful, but that's what I'd do in this situation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom