Star Wars Tracker Advice

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Hi guys

I'm after a bit of advice and interested in your thoughts on the star wars tracker sorry if this has been posted before. But my question is do any dealers on here or sellers use this as an accurate price guide.

I have been using it for a few months to to see what items i need in my collection are selling for but i have a few items that are duplicate and looking to sell.

Would i go far wrong using this as a pricing tool.

What are your thought. Thanks

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I'd say it's a top guide for giving bookends to your value.

I notice on eBay that most auctions start at the highest possible price, so you may seem like the most sober seller in the land of money grabbing
Hutts.

Good luck

subzero

Sith Lord
Grant_C said:
I'd say it's a top guide for giving bookends to your value.

I notice on eBay that most auctions start at the highest possible price, so you may seem like the most sober seller in the land of money grabbing
Hutts.

Good luck

How does this tracker account for varying figure and card conditions though?, value largely depends on the condition.

Seems like an impossible task for an app to do this... :?

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks grant

I have no intention on starting at the highest price a figure or mini rig has sold for as the way i see it i dont need these items in my collection i simply want to move them on and use the money towards helping finish my loose run.

But also want them to sell so i can achieve this.

Also as subzero has mentioned it is an impossible task to use the tracker as an accurate guide as every figure condition loose limbs paint rub ect would differ. So if its used purely as just that a rough guide give or take overall condition into account i suppose i cant be far off pricing fairly.

Cheers

jared007

Padawan
Hi,

To the point of the original question - I think it's perfectly acceptable to determine a reasonable selling price from the Tracker data. For no other reason than the Tracker showing you actual realized selling prices for that item. These aren't collectors estimations, they are not a collector talking his book to skew the prices in a way they want. It's pure factual market data.

But the Tracker is not magic, it's not going to assign you a price that *you must sell at*, and you still have a responsibility to make a decision on how you are going to interpret the data in front of you. For example, take the below screenshot. If you were trying to determine a fair selling price for a loose complete Barada you see an average of £58. But if you look at the scatter, you can see various sold prices anywhere from £43 to £74 - as Grant said "book ends".

baradaPrices.png

So what's the right thing to do? That's completely up to you now. The price ranges could indicate poor vs very good condition (but also be aware of licensee variation, COO markings etc), so you could factor that in with your item in hand. To help gauge this, each data point is "clickable through to source" so you can see exactly what the condition is for each of these sold prices. If you don't agree with a particular data point you can even exclude it right there and the analysis will update accordingly.

baradaInfo.png

If I wanted to sell quickly, I'd price around £45 expecting it to be snapped up. Otherwise, I'd make a judgement on how good condition my item was and then set a price anywhere between the average and top price. Then you sit and wait and let the market react. I feel if you follow this basic recipe then you can absolutely defend any selling price if it's ever challenged.

A price guide attempting to provide a value for every conceivable condition of an item is an impossible task. But I feel the Tracker avoids this issue entirely by presenting each individual price point which can be followed to source. The rest is up to you.

Cheers, Jared.

subzero

Sith Lord
Good info there, that guide actually seems pretty good as a selling & buying tool. 8)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
It is- Jared has made it a labour of love and has given an amazing gift for the community.

Its always evolving and getting better as well.

Jez

Sith Lord
Grant_C said:
It is- Jared has made it a labour of love and has given an amazing gift for the community.

Its always evolving and getting better as well.
^^^^^^^

Plus he is often looking for beta testers for his innovations JOS 11.9 etc. I think recently he was looking for Android testers.
This is a great tool.

jared007

Padawan
Jez said:
Plus he is often looking for beta testers for his innovations

Yes, one of the core values of the Tracker is that it remains useful for collectors (and continues to improve). I've just finished this beta testing with a couple dozen willing collectors from the community. This update is a major addition to the portfolio management aspect of the Tracker that allows you to upload your own images for your items. It will go live this week if all goes to plan.

appTeaser.png

If interested, here's a taster video for what you can expect: https://www.facebook.com/117684771905897/videos/501929283481442/

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Jez said:
That's brilliant Jared. Well done.

The new photo upload option is a game changer in my opinion... It works brilliantly and for logging your own collection it couldn't be better.

Regarding the rest of the App and Desktop versions, I personally think it's a great investment and worth every penny 8)

Lunar_Jetman

Youngling
So I'm considering the 31 day trial but I can't see anywhere on the site details of the cost once the trial is over. Anyone able to confirm the cost? I don't fancy spending a month getting used to the software and adding all my details to find it's too expensive for me.

I would have thought something like advising customers of the cost was a basic requirement anyway, so apologies if I'm being dim and not clicking in the right place, I just can't find it!

lejackal

Grand Master
Lunar_Jetman said:
So I'm considering the 31 day trial but I can't see anywhere on the site details of the cost once the trial is over. Anyone able to confirm the cost? I don't fancy spending a month getting used to the software and adding all my details to find it's too expensive for me.

I would have thought something like advising customers of the cost was a basic requirement anyway, so apologies if I'm being dim and not clicking in the right place, I just can't find it!
Click on the free trial banner and it brings up the prices, it's about £20/25 a year

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
I just renewed my annual subscription a few days ago. Jared does a great job and the tracker is getting better and better.
Like Steve said, it's "worth every penny" (.. and it is just pennies, compared to the funds we are pumping in our collections).
Everybody should give it at least a try.
SAVORY100 said:
The new photo upload option is a game changer
Are you testing a beta-version? Can't find it in my mobile Version (like shown in the vid).

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Plastikheld said:
I just renewed my annual subscription a few days ago. Jared does a great job and the tracker is getting better and better.
Like Steve said, it's "worth every penny" (.. and it is just pennies, compared to the funds we are pumping in our collections).
Everybody should give it at least a try.
SAVORY100 said:
The new photo upload option is a game changer
Are you testing a beta-version? Can't find it in my mobile Version (like shown in the vid).

Yes mate, I've been a small part of the Beta testing team for the iOS App from the outset. iOS Testing is over for this period, I think there is Android testing to complete though, so I expect you'll get an update soon.
The photo uploads are (I believe) live on the desktop already...

jared007

Padawan
Hi,

Lunar_Jetman said:
I can't see anywhere on the site details of the cost once the trial is over. Anyone able to confirm the cost?

It depends what plan you choose during sign up. I make subscriptions flexible to allow you to pay month to month if you want to dip in and out from time to time. Or you can invest upfront for a full year to get the best value. You will get 4 plan options once you get started on the signup.

If you are in it for the long run, best value is a year which works out at US$2.50 a month. Hope this helps.

Jared.

jared007

Padawan
Plastikheld said:

Steve was a fantastic help fine tuning the end result, and giving it a good workout.

This new version officially went live a couple of days ago (desktop, iOS, Android) - version 1.2.0. I'll be sending out mail shots to users very soon to alert them about the new functionality. But you can upgrade immediately (no extra charge of course).

iosPromo.jpg

iosPromo2.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
I just signed up for he free trial, and it does look really comprehensive.

Struggling a little with the portfolio section. The tool/settings button is really hard to hit on my mobile. And I need it to edit things, it also insists on a purchase date and location. Some of the stuff I own is from too long ago...

The diecast cardbacks need updating too. No SWA DV TIE but there is a Harbert SWA land speeder

Minor gripes for an otherwise great resource!

jared007

Padawan
Hi,

spoons said:
Struggling a little with the portfolio section. The tool/settings button is really hard to hit on my mobile. And I need it to edit things, it also insists on a purchase date and location.

Just had a look and I think I know what you mean about the tool/settings button. I do insist on a purchase date so the system has something meaningful to sort by. Just make up a date that is closest - for example, a lot of my entries have 1st June 1994 as I don't know anything more accurate. Same idea for location, so it has a chance to sort properly.

I've been hoping our paths might cross at some stage. I am aware of your excellent diecast site and wanted to cross check my categorization with you, make sure we are both consistent in describing this area. I'll send a PM and we can take it from there ...

Jared.

spoons

Grand Master
jared007 said:
Hi,

spoons said:
Struggling a little with the portfolio section. The tool/settings button is really hard to hit on my mobile. And I need it to edit things, it also insists on a purchase date and location.

Just had a look and I think I know what you mean about the tool/settings button. I do insist on a purchase date so the system has something meaningful to sort by. Just make up a date that is closest - for example, a lot of my entries have 1st June 1994 as I don't know anything more accurate. Same idea for location, so it has a chance to sort properly.

I've been hoping our paths might cross at some stage. I am aware of your excellent diecast site and wanted to cross check my categorization with you, make sure we are both consistent in describing this area. I'll send a PM and we can take it from there ...

Jared.

Thanks Jared - your purchase date solution seems very sensible. setting it very early shouldn't skew the tracker date either.

Just sent you an email!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom