Header image

A New Repro... THE COLLECTORS STRIKE BACK

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: A New Repro... THE COLLECTORS STRIKE BACK

Postby subzero » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:10 pm

Darth Bobby wrote:Ebay don’t care. I gave up on them a while back. We would have more luck petitioning Disney who own the name STAR WARS, if they threatened Ebay I’m sure Ebay might star listening?

This could be good, the petition would need to be BIG though from the entire community to make any impact with Disney.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:56 pm

I don't think Disney, or anyone else except us lot, would give two shits about someone defrauding people over a 35 year old facette of their franchise. It's not robbing them of anything.

The tax-man, on the other hand, won't like people coining it in. I think you're onto something there, Sub.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:30 am

I think this is getting more and more scary. Soon we have to check every parts in a vehicle or in a playset for repro parts. What will be the next repro legs for at-at og at-st, repro jabba the hutt, repro arms on the rancor or the wampa, repro parts on the tie fighters, x-wings, b-wings, y-wings and the bomb can allready be repro on that one. etc. etc. etc. repro arms or legs on loose figures, if I remember correct ev-9d9 can have repro arms and some figures can also today be all repro. This is fucking crazy.

Maybe the tax office have to go after them :wink:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:47 am

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:21 am

Well here are the details if anyone wishes to report these two main repro sellers...

Joanne Lewis,
Saltburn-by-the-Sea,
North Yorkshire
ebay account - joggers78

Paul Gilding,
Saltburn-by-the-Sea,
North Yorkshire
ebay account - paugildin-6

And here is where you report them to, just put in your name as 'Anon' and leave out all the other details about yourself ( if you choose to ), and make sure to put in the ebay username in the box that says *Please provide details of the tax evasion* along with a brief description of them selling on ebay without being registered as a business...

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/shortforms/form/TEH_IRF

Don't worry that the full contact details aren't there for these sellers, this is enough info for them to work off and they will demand ebay & paypal hand over all their personal info to them so they can investigate. You can bet your last quid that these sellers in private ebay accounts are rogue sellers, as almost all like this are on ebay so what they're doing is wrong anyway, and if the tax man types them into the system and finds out they're fully registered as a business then there's no harm done.

Word of caution, be careful in replying to this post stating that you've reported it as you never know who's watching on here, in case these sellers can find out who you are from looking at your SWFUK account.

mumbo
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mumbo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:00 pm

It's a worthy idea but sadly ebay don't give a fuck :evil:

There is clearly a market for repro items and let's face it the way prices are going people are priced out and repro is perhaps the only way some collectors are going to arm their figures so whilst I can sympathise with this I don't condone repro myself as there are far too many dishonest sellers out there who are only trying to rip people off.

In an ideal world it would be great if all repro items were somehow marked in a way so that they can be clearly identifiable like in the old days when they were made in a different colour. I think one seller on the inserts for a time actually imprinted an 'R' onto the cardboard so it could be identified. Now if only the other suppliers of these newer more realistic repros could follow and brand them with a clear marking to show they are repro.
If its Luke Jedi then I'm interested, vintage or modern.

My feedback - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13324

My Focus collection - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14401

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:15 pm

Personally I think it is way way over the top to be reporting people to the tax man etc, at the end of the day we're not vigilantes we collect plastic toys, the people that buy the repro stuff are as guilty as the seller, no demand no seller, and I'm sure that real collectors are experienced enough not to get caught out, not so experienced collectors can do research and ask for support
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm

If more people are in agreement that it's a bit too much then i'll delete the info.

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Just my opinion mate
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Lindo wrote:Just my opinion mate

Oh no I respect that mate, i'm just commenting to let everyone else know that if they think it's too much then i'll take the info down, out of respect of it being a community decision.

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:30 pm

subzero wrote:
Oh no I respect that mate, i'm just commenting to let everyone else know that if they think it's too much then i'll take the info down, out of respect of it being a community decision.

The information of those 2 sellers you put up. Do you believe they are connected or is it the same seller and using 2 different eBay accounts?
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:57 pm

yoda wrote:
subzero wrote:

The information of those 2 sellers you put up. Do you believe they are connected or is it the same seller and using 2 different eBay accounts?

I believe it's two different people who closely know each other, either both in the same house or same town.

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:58 pm

subzero wrote:
yoda wrote:
subzero wrote:

I believe it's two different people who closely know each other, either both in the same house or same town.

Yes it does look like that.
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:17 pm

subzero wrote:If more people are in agreement that it's a bit too much then i'll delete the info.

I think it is fine if some will report them. We have to stop them, one day we can't see the difference, sooner or later they will make them on 3D printers. A few years ago I tried to contact disney about it and I have also contacted Hasbro about it before disney bought star wars and they did nothing. They only sell them for the money not to help other collectors who do not have the money to buy the original ones. If they made them to help people, then they would have marked them so they were easy to spot or as the old ones painted, sink in water and some float in water. It was much easier then to ID them and the old weapons was made to help the poor collectors that are not rich.

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:49 am

Pomse2001 wrote:They only sell them for the money not to help other collectors who do not have the money to buy the original ones. If they made them to help people, then they would have marked them.

That's true, as what's been said here before the no.1 main reason they're selling these is for profit plain and simple, collectors on here have contacted joggers78 to kindly tell her what damage she's doing to this hobby, and all they got in response was an arsy message mocking them and insulting them about it. And as for paugildin-6 that seller he started out selling these blasters as 100% genuine for £25 each with the full intention to defraud collectors and he managed to scam tens of people until he stopped it, the only reason he stopped doing it was because of the amount of clued up collectors messaging him about them being fake, and others returning the blasters, so he knew he couldn't keep getting away with it so then turned to selling them as high quality repros so others can possibly sell them on as genuine. If these 2 sellers 'care' about the collectors like they've previously said then they'd mark the repros even in a tiny way on the handle or something, there's no need to sell them as near perfect copies if they're being used for displays.

My personal opinion is reporting them is fine, if they actually registered their repro money making scheme as a legit business with HMRC then they'd be paying 25% tax and insurance out of their profits from these sales, which would probably wipe out most of their profit and then they wouldn't have bothered selling these at all then, so evading tax could be the main reason what's keeping them in business.

Personally if I could go back in time and stop toytoni in his tracks very early on by reporting him I wouldn't hesitate.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”