Budget Foreign MOCs - Don't all laugh at once

lejackal

Grand Master
Obviously Palitoy has the likes of WeeQuay, Ree Yees, Klaatu and Logray as budget options, Kenner Canada also has similarly priced budget options. Until recently Meccano had the 20 back Jawa and Clipper Chirpas and Madines are fairly affordable but are there options across the other licence holders?
Is there such a thing as a reasonably priced Ledy or Toltoys?
Top Toys I guess the Stormy is the cheapest?
Was there a Harbert peg warmer?
Just for shits and giggles what about PBP or Poch :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
Good question Carl,

Reckon you could put a very nice run of foreign backs together pretty cheap.

Harbert R2D2s were £100 up to a couple of years ago, but have gone crazy now. As you say, Meccano Jawa has doen the same.

Tsukuda ROTJ figures are still cheap, doesnt seem to be any premium in that sticker.

might struggle wirth Ledy and Toltoys though :lol:

Die cast is a good way of getting the foreign logos cheap too.

lejackal

Grand Master
spoons said:
Good question Carl,

Reckon you could put a very nice run of foreign backs together pretty cheap.

Harbert R2D2s were £100 up to a couple of years ago, but have gone crazy now. As you say, Meccano Jawa has doen the same.
Fortunately I've got a Palitoy and a Meccano example 8)

spoons said:
Tsukuda ROTJ figures are still cheap, doesnt seem to be any premium in that sticker.
I forgot about them but you're right, they do seem to be around the £50-80 mark still

spoons said:
- if only there was a website to tell you all about them :!: shameless plug ahead :lol:

Also forgot PBP Snags can be had fairly cheap

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
You can get cheap Toltoys ROTJ MOCs.

They look identical to Kenner but with a Australian address at the bottom instead of Cincinnati.

I believe the cardbacks maybe slightly small as well.

subzero

Sith Lord
I got a Lily Ledy Biker Scout MOC in nice cond. for just over £100, it's a Kenner logo card but says "made in Mexico" on the back, and has the actual Ledi variant figure packaged inside.

Not a proper Ledy logo MOC but kind of a cheap compromise if you can't afford a ton for the real Ledy :)

spoons

Grand Master
lejackal said:
spoons said:
- if only there was a website to tell you all about them :!: shameless plug ahead :lol:

if only :lol: :lol:

Good points on Ledys and Toltoys Grant and Subzero

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Grant_C said:

They look identical to Kenner but with a Australian address at the bottom instead of Cincinnati.

Please direct me to these cheap MOCs :)

maxf

Jedi Master
If you can be flexible about part sealed or even reseals (with original bubbles of course), then you can get some amazingly tough foreign cards for almost sensible money. The hobby has really moved towards a massive condition premium on even very rare cards.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
All those German ESB Toy Toni's, I think any of those would be well worth picking up for a sensible price.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Glad you mentioned this Edd, there is a Hoth Snow trooper on Jabba's at present and this is over £100.
It's graded of course and disclosed as a TT, what do you consider sensible price for a TT now.
Sorry Carl, I don't want to hijack the thread.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Grant_C said:

65 backs with a nn offer on the front as well is the giveaway.

lejackal

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Glad you mentioned this Edd, there is a Hoth Snow trooper on Jabba's at present and this is over £100.
It's graded of course and disclosed as a TT, what do you consider sensible price for a TT now.
Yes, I'm still laughing at that. Plenty of back slapping going on because it's a lovely AFA 90 for the bargain price of £126, they could have had a lovely real one from me on Friday for £150 :lol:
IMG_1887.JPG

And the fake;
IMG_1932.PNG

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
Mini99 said:
Yes, I'm still laughing at that. Plenty of back slapping going on because it's a lovely AFA 90 for the bargain price of £126, they could have had a lovely real one from me on Friday for £150 :lol: IMG_1887.JPG
And the fake;
IMG_1932.PNG

Phew, thought it was only me that had lost my mind! :shock:
It doesn't make any sense to me, glad you agree.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Ungraded Toni Snowtroopers have been selling for around the £100 mark, so anything above that is only for the 90 grade sticker (which is ironic as its worthless being on a fake.)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Ungraded Toni Snowtroopers have been selling for around the £100 mark, so anything above that is only for the 90 grade sticker (which is ironic as its worthless being on a fake.)

Incredible really, given he never sold them ungraded for more than £35 (cost at the scandal breaking) so to think they are going to £100 is insane.

lejackal

Grand Master
On the budget Ledy front this just sold on Facebook for £570, partial reseal with some damage but for a Ledy that seems very reasonable?
22221873_10212090482910106_8779867535671164545_n.jpg

22196066_10212090482670100_8027598132133120433_n.jpg

22281701_10212090483310116_1732631177186496201_n.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom