THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 41 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
podbeanREAL41.jpg

EPISODE 41 : I HAVE THE JAWA

On the 41st edition of the Vintage Rebellion podcast Stuart and Richard chat to Jason West about all things Jawa, and find out some fascinating information neither have ever heard before.

In the New Acquisitions section the lads cover some wonderful purchases which have been shown off on the forums and Facebook.  The team is joined by Commander Clint Garniss who speaks about his recent trading card finds, Josh Lipscomb who has a wonderful story to tell about an entire 12bk find, 13 of them in fact.  plus once again, as part of the Vintage Rebellion Alliance Chris Georgoulias gives a wonderful narrative on 2 Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band concept items that we guarantee you've never seen or heard about before.  Something truly special.

Rich takes time out to chat to James Gallo about one of the greatest Star Wars auctions of all time before the lads get together to have an old fashioned chinwag on the state of some loose figures.

Si takes his first spin at hosting the Quiz.  The team hope it will be his last as it successfully exposes them as a bunch of laser brains.

And the return of the market continues with a look at the recent prop store Auction whilst also returning is tracker top 5 and the new monthly Gimcracker award.

All this plus much much more on The Vintage Rebellion Podcast.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Half way in, did someone mention 321? The quiz questions were very cryptic. Very enjoyable though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jez

Sith Lord
Launched a few days earlier than usual due to a bit of a team bonding session in Belgium. Unfortunately Rich has already committed to a camping trip with his School so couldn't come but he's in our thoughts.

UK TVR Podcast and SWFUK represent at FACTS

Attachments

• D0AABA8F-8D9E-43E7-990B-68EC2C3646B8.jpeg
    D0AABA8F-8D9E-43E7-990B-68EC2C3646B8.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 943
  • 389A6B9A-6B38-4427-9992-037225823D17.jpeg
    389A6B9A-6B38-4427-9992-037225823D17.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 939

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Great episode as ever - thankyou!

Oh and if you're trying to give me a jump scare by having the opening screech of 'Yellow Pearl' just a bit too loud then it is working!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Having a great time listening as usual chaps :D
Simon ur "Bantha Tracks" quiz was insane :lol:

Am v interested to watch the up coming Hake's SW auction :!: As Rich says could b a bench mark set for some of these top end pieces. In particular as I previously mentioned I think I will b most interested to c what the 3 AFA 95 12 backs will go for. Not sure if they r the only 95 12s out there :?: If not surely there would only b one or two more but as I say I rem seeing them years ago on "Brian's Toys" priced at $13,000 each.
Naturally I will also b v interested to c what the DT MOCs fetch-particularly the Ben & Vader :?: :?:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Downloaded and started to enjoy, my you have to keep up with the releases at the moment!
As for the coplay costumes, I suspect that these are doing as much for Anglo/European relations as Brexit is :lol:
Then again Leia became quite alluring after a few bottles of wine last night :shock:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
About half way through, thanks for discussing my Palitoy MOCs! Enjoyed the chat about them. Personally I'm of the opinion that Palitoy were all over the place with release dates by the end, we know this because loads of 45 and 65 back cards have the offers blacked out with marker pens indicating they were using the cards well after their initial release. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were still using 45, 65 back or whtever was left cards right up until the end. Remember Toy Toni even got unused Empire cards from them. So I think it's fair to call the big bubbles 'trilogo', they were almost certainly designed for those cards as they are exactly the same size as the race track on the card.

spoons

Grand Master
An hour to go and you bunch of galactic jizz wailers are back to your best (or is that Jez Wailers). I think the humour was a bit lacking last month.

Great hearing how Jason got his jawa vibe and what can I say about the Rebo band section. Classic!

Si's quiz's was crazy difficult and the you all should have known the droids cartoon was early than ROTJ - it had Fett in it.

Disappointed that Rich didn't make a Rich joke about Rusty Glove and Rusty Goff - Tatioine link there ;-)

Look forward to the Facts report next month

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great episode this month, very funny.

Amazing 12 back story.

I had Sy Snootles band as I kid, loved em.

Keep up the good work.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Darth Bobby said:
Half way in, did someone mention 321? The quiz questions were very cryptic. Very enjoyable though :lol: :lol: :lol:

You kidding? It was like "it has to be Vader because WHITE is not BLACK therefore BLACK was the answer. Dobbie left better clues.

chipsteak said:
Great episode as ever - thankyou!

Oh and if you're trying to give me a jump scare by having the opening screech of 'Yellow Pearl' just a bit too loud then it is working!

We know the sound levels aren't always right. We rushed this a little to get it out before the lads and Jez went to FACTS. We did lower the volume at the outro!

palitoyjunky said:
Having a great time listening as usual chaps :D
Simon ur "Bantha Tracks" quiz was insane :lol:

Am v interested to watch the up coming Hake's SW auction :!: As Rich says could b a bench mark set for some of these top end pieces. In particular as I previously mentioned I think I will b most interested to c what the 3 AFA 95 12 backs will go for. Not sure if they r the only 95 12s out there :?: If not surely there would only b one or two more but as I say I rem seeing them years ago on "Brian's Toys" priced at $13,000 each.
Naturally I will also b v interested to c what the DT MOCs fetch-particularly the Ben & Vader :?: :?:

Thanks John and it was great to chat with you at Echo. I think the DT Ben is around the $22k mark at present with 3 weeks to go. Can see this hitting $75k myself. :eek:

Mini99 said:
Downloaded and started to enjoy, my you have to keep up with the releases at the moment!
As for the coplay costumes, I suspect that these are doing as much for Anglo/European relations as Brexit is :lol:
Then again Leia became quite alluring after a few bottles of wine last night :shock:

Anything that hides Jez's face has to be a bonus. Without the mask you'd need to add a cask of super strength and a bottle of bella

edd_jedi said:
About half way through, thanks for discussing my Palitoy MOCs! Enjoyed the chat about them. Personally I'm of the opinion that Palitoy were all over the place with release dates by the end, we know this because loads of 45 and 65 back cards have the offers blacked out with marker pens indicating they were using the cards well after their initial release. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were still using 45, 65 back or whtever was left cards right up until the end. Remember Toy Toni even got unused Empire cards from them. So I think it's fair to call the big bubbles 'trilogo', they were almost certainly designed for those cards as they are exactly the same size as the race track on the card.

I think that's pretty much what Joe agrees with too. We'll put it in feedback on the next one. ..... the next one FFS :roll: can't believe we're due to record again :( :lol:

spoons said:
An hour to go and you bunch of galactic jizz wailers are back to your best (or is that Jez Wailers). I think the humour was a bit lacking last month.

Great hearing how Jason got his jawa vibe and what can I say about the Rebo band section. Classic!

Si's quiz's was crazy difficult and the you all should have known the droids cartoon was early than ROTJ - it had Fett in it.

Disappointed that Rich didn't make a Rich joke about Rusty Glove and Rusty Goff - Tatioine link there ;-)

Look forward to the Facts report next month

Cheers Andy, I'd lost the will to live by that point! Pretty sure that was around the 13 hour mark of a 14 hour recording 8)

Darth Bobby said:
Great episode this month, very funny.

Amazing 12 back story.

I had Sy Snootles band as I kid, loved em.

Keep up the good work.

Yeah I was surprised when the others didn't have them. Obviously Jez and Si were in their mid-20s by then and would have moved onto other things but I just assumed everyone had one as they were so cheap and good stocking fillers.

That's a cracking box Edd. The blue on that Rebo is really BLUE! I need to go back to that store in Newcastle to see if he has the trilogo box one still.

Cheers all!

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Btw, the Yellow Pearl thing wasn't a criticism. I reckon the production standards to be brilliant and well above what's required. It's just that one note of that tune gives me a freight every month. :D

jared007

Padawan
Great show as usual guys - oh and for the record, there are no plans to add the *rusty glove tuskin* to Star Wars Tracker :)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Oddly, I've listened to it all twice now... well, I say all, but I really couldn't bear the madness that was this month's quiz.. sorry Si, far too conceptual in thinking even for me! :lol:

The Jawa interview with Jason was brilliant, I do find it funny that as focus collectors we are almost expected to know everything about our chosen figure and own everything ever made too we really don't.. I actually found it reassuring that he didn't even recognise the Chief jawa reference and that he doesn't own the Sandcrawler either... Maybe Jason needs to get on this forum as it was discussed back in June 2016 :wink:

For what its worth, I've always known it as the Max Rebo band, Sy Snootles was always just a guest singer to me... bit like Soul II Soul with Karen Wheeler!

Gimcrack submission; I have one of these in shocking condition, so the image is a steal off the web...

jabba pin board.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom