Original cards - new bubble

OJWanKenobi

Youngling
Hi,

Firstly I'm new to this so please forgive me if I offend or ask a daft question!

I have loads off vintage Star Wars figures, many complete with original accessories, and also with the original cards (these cards are all damaged when I removed the bubble many years ago). What I am looking to do is purchase some adhesive bubbles so I can re-attach the figures . I also plan to purchase some original cards on eBay for other complete figures I own.

Is there anywhere I can purchase bubbles (adhesive versions)?

The reason I am doing this is that I simply wish to store the figures I have on the original cards. It doesn't bother me if the value is greater or not - this is not about value to me. I know there is a chap in Spain who sells repro cards but I wish to use original cards only - damaged or not.

Hope someone can help?

Many thanks in advance

OJ

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
You can pick up original blister/bubbles with patience and time via sales on the forum and ebay, and then be able to Reseal your figures for your own collection.

Putting a new generic bubble with a vintage card and figure is not the way to go for collectors, as this is creating something that ends up not being vintage, and there are many unscrupulous people out there that would do this and dry to dupe the completely innocent buyers coming into collecting. I am in no way insinuating that this is what you are doing, but highlighting the point, as this would be the reason you will not get any positive reaction on here or any other vintage forum to new or reproduction bubbles.

As an alternative you can buy an acrylic case in which you display the card and the figure together without a bubble, keeping the components original and protecting them ( which is one of your pre requisites)

Why noy take some pictures of your collection and pop them on a limelight thread on here, so we can enjoy a look at them, and assist with any advice you are looking for, we are a nice lot of guys, that are passionate about vintage. :D

Hope this helps

OJWanKenobi

Youngling
Michael Sith said:
As an alternative you can buy an acrylic case in which you display the card and the figure together without a bubble, keeping the components original and protecting them ( which is one of your pre requisites)

Hope this helps

That sounds interesting and a very good idea! Let me look into that option. Many thanks :D

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Hi OJ

GW Acrylic sell the loose figure/cardback cases. We have plenty in stock and available to order directly here. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.gwacrylic.co.uk/store/product/adc-010-loose-cardback-and-loose-figure-display-case

Attachments

• ADC-010-2.jpg
    ADC-010-2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,067

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
There you go, I think they look superb actually 8)

(didn't want to steal your thunder Mr Fuzzy :lol: )

Reminds me I need to order one for luke and 12 back card

OJWanKenobi

Youngling
I need to order some small stands but other than that they look great :)

Attachments

• 21451AA0-88D9-43EA-9D36-AC1BAAC67EF8.jpeg
    21451AA0-88D9-43EA-9D36-AC1BAAC67EF8.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 912

Droopy

Padawan
These look so good, might have to start collecting card backs for my loose figures! So much better than repro bubbles, correct decision made! 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom