Header image

Do you post after having a drink?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Do you post after having a drink?

Postby yoda » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 pm

Clarkspie&chips wrote:
yoda wrote:Yes I've done it, it all depends what you've posted. If it's something silly or on the other hand it makes you cringe once you've reread it the next day. Its really not a nice feeling it's more embarrassment than anything, I've been down both roads :lol:
I try to avoid posting on the web now if I've had a few drinks although sometimes alcohol does tend to cloud my judgement and it seems a good idea at the time :?

Yoda i love your drunken posts, they're exactly the sort of things I would post if I could actually control my thumbs after a few rhums.

:lol: :lol: Yeah I have had a few alright posts and threads started while alcohol was consumed. It's not the smartest thing to do :?
At least I can take a positive from this whole thread, I'm not the only one rereads what they've posted and says to himself wtf was I thinking posting that last night. And then hoping it just disappears into the archives before someone replies to it :lol:
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:52 am

Wreck-It Ralph wrote:I have done a few late posts after a night out and like you say it seems like a good idea at the time only to wake up in the morning and delete them as quickly as possible hoping nobody read them. I fell out with a fellow collector a couple of months ago after I responded to a text he sent me offering to buy something off me, I was out with friends having a boozy lunch and my response was unnecessarily abrupt, my fault, since then I try to avoid responding to anything or worse still posting after I have had a drink!

So let’s give u guys the full story since “Wreck-it Ralph” aka Anthony Roberts decided to come on here and casually mention his verbal abuse to “a fellow collector”!
V early part of the year some of u know I decided to part with my Palitoy 30 back collection which many of u know was all but one shy of all the Empire figures :!: So without meaning to b arrogant, a collection that most could only dream of :!: Anyway I let Anthony have 18 of the 19 MOCs(kept the Luke Bespin for my Luke Focus) and tbf to Anthony he initially made a v sound offer and didn’t mess me about so much appreciated. However as serious Palitoy collectors know, a lot of money certainly does NOT guarantee a near full set of debut 30 backs :!: :!:
So my point is I feel I did Anthony a massive favour selling to him-because I wasn’t in a situation where I had to sell. Also during and indeed after the sale I gave Anthony a lot of my time helping him out with info and advise to help grow his collection-we r talking many early morning phone calls which I happily took and helped out as best I could :!:
A couple of months later I sold Anthony a few more Palitoy Debuts which included the extremely rare 45a 3P0 RL-which the sale was all about. Again he paid well but again a big favour from me :!:

So moving on, Anthony acquired a load more Palitoy MOCs from another collector that he decided after a short while he no longer wanted so first offered them for trade then soon after offered them for sale letting the likes of me and some others know-but no prices were given :!: I had interest in a particular one-not particularly rare and made a fair market value offer and the response I got was “that seems low”. I explained my offer was based on previous sales etc and got no reply.
After sometime past I thought I would get back in touch to c if we could both compromise and agree a price because I really wanted the MOC for my collection and this is(from memory) more or less the exact reply I got;
“I don’t give a fuck about SW Toys! Am more interested in cars! If u want anything, make an offer on multiple items or don’t contact me!”

How would u react to a message like that from someone u have spent the best part of the year helping :?: Naturally I was v upset because this is actually the 2nd time I have received a nasty txt from Anthony-the first again being for no justified reason. So I gave a piece of my mind and told him not to contact me again.

Blaming your disgusting response to me on alcohol, u should b utterly ashamed of urself “mate” :!: :!: :!:
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:31 am

palitoyjunky wrote:
Wreck-It Ralph wrote:I have done a few late posts after a night out and like you say it seems like a good idea at the time only to wake up in the morning and delete them as quickly as possible hoping nobody read them. I fell out with a fellow collector a couple of months ago after I responded to a text he sent me offering to buy something off me, I was out with friends having a boozy lunch and my response was unnecessarily abrupt, my fault, since then I try to avoid responding to anything or worse still posting after I have had a drink!

So let’s give u guys the full story since “Wreck-it Ralph” aka Anthony Roberts decided to come on here and casually mention his verbal abuse to “a fellow collector”!
V early part of the year some of u know I decided to part with my Palitoy 30 back collection which many of u know was all but one shy of all the Empire figures :!: So without meaning to b arrogant, a collection that most could only dream of :!: Anyway I let Anthony have 18 of the 19 MOCs(kept the Luke Bespin for my Luke Focus) and tbf to Anthony he initially made a v sound offer and didn’t mess me about so much appreciated. However as serious Palitoy collectors know, a lot of money certainly does NOT guarantee a near full set of debut 30 backs :!: :!:
So my point is I feel I did Anthony a massive favour selling to him-because I wasn’t in a situation where I had to sell. Also during and indeed after the sale I gave Anthony a lot of my time helping him out with info and advise to help grow his collection-we r talking many early morning phone calls which I happily took and helped out as best I could :!:
A couple of months later I sold Anthony a few more Palitoy Debuts which included the extremely rare 45a 3P0 RL-which the sale was all about. Again he paid well but again a big favour from me :!:

So moving on, Anthony acquired a load more Palitoy MOCs from another collector that he decided after a short while he no longer wanted so first offered them for trade then soon after offered them for sale letting the likes of me and some others know-but no prices were given :!: I had interest in a particular one-not particularly rare and made a fair market value offer and the response I got was “that seems low”. I explained my offer was based on previous sales etc and got no reply.
After sometime past I thought I would get back in touch to c if we could both compromise and agree a price because I really wanted the MOC for my collection and this is(from memory) more or less the exact reply I got;
“I don’t give a fuck about SW Toys! Am more interested in cars! If u want anything, make an offer on multiple items or don’t contact me!”

How would u react to a message like that from someone u have spent the best part of the year helping :?: Naturally I was v upset because this is actually the 2nd time I have received a nasty txt from Anthony-the first again being for no justified reason. So I gave a piece of my mind and told him not to contact me again.

Blaming your disgusting response to me on alcohol, u should b utterly ashamed of urself “mate” :!: :!: :!:

Difficult post to read! If that was my response to you then I sincerely apologise. Alchohol consumption is no excuse for a response like that so all I can say is I am sorry and hope you can accept my apology, if not I fully understand.
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:24 am

I urge u to read it carefully Anthony :!: It may help u in future with ur collecting career and indeed life.

Anyone who knows me will know I am not one to hold a grudge and am a forgiving person so I will never mention it again if we talk or meet in future but I just felt v strongly about this and had to let off steam.

Burto
New User
New User

Postby Burto » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:22 am

palitoyjunky wrote:I urge u to read it carefully Anthony :!: It may help u in future with ur collecting career and indeed life.

Anyone who knows me will know I am not one to hold a grudge and am a forgiving person so I will never mention it again if we talk or meet in future but I just felt v strongly about this and had to let off steam.

I've known Jon for a number of years and consider him a close friend, I invited him and his good lady up to my wedding earlier this year.
He is very knowledgeable, a top guy, and would help anyone out without a moments hesitation, and for Jon to post this he must feel very strongly, as I've never heard him say a bad word about anyone.

Hope you sort things out

FettBob75
New User
New User

Postby FettBob75 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:42 pm

I don't collect Star Wars anymore but got to know Jon very well many years ago and have remained very good friends to this day, Jon's knowledge on Star Wars collecting is right up there with the very best, he helped me enormously in the years when I was collecting.

The incident in question refers to a guy, 'Wreck it Ralph' basically throwing large amounts of money around, trying to buy the best figures out there. After much consideration, Jon agreed to sell his Palitoy 30's to wreck it Ralph, a massive decision as I know how much effort was made in achieving such a collection, as mentioned, the things dreams are made of!

To be honest, I was getting quite angry when I heard how this wreck it ralph was treating a good friend of mine and much respected member of the collecting community, basically like shit, the guy had what he wanted so Jon was no longer of use, just terrible and a total lack of respect.

The good thing is that wreck it ralph is now realising how hard palitoy 30's are to come by and cannot manage to add to his collection, which I know for a fact pleases a lot of people out there.

I hope you (wreck it ralph) can see the error of your ways, probably alcohol, and make a big apology to a guy who only likes to help people achieve their collecting goals, not to mention all the great advice he hands out for free!!!

dianoga77
Regular
Regular

Postby dianoga77 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:52 pm

I do not want to go deep with, this but as jon is a close friend i will say he is honest and fair and a good mate.
At the end of the day these are just toys and it is not worth falling out over 8)

Cardbackkid
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Cardbackkid » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:11 pm

To err is human; to forgive , divine

We live and learn ... make love not war :lol: :lol:

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby maxf » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:17 pm

I don’t think Jon posted for support, although I’ll join others here in saying that Jon is a real life non-SW friend as well as a collecting buddy. I never hear him saying anything bad about anybody so the situation with Wreck it Ralph must have been really bad.

Anthony - when I met you, you seemed like a nice guy and I could have chatted about cars for way longer - but if booze is turning you into a bit of a prick, you need to calm it down... I’ve been there, been the argumentative drunk wanker and still cringe at some of the things I’ve said over the years drunk. I saw that and wound things right back... it’s the odd craft beer and (shared) bottle of decent wine nowadays... and I’m way better for it.
Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

Includes: Loose figures, Palitoy MOCs, Meccano 20bks, Vehicles, Mailers, Paperwork and more.

Andyclarke
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Andyclarke » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:48 pm

maxf wrote:I don’t think Jon posted for support, although I’ll join others here in saying that Jon is a real life non-SW friend as well as a collecting buddy. I never hear him saying anything bad about anybody so the situation with Wreck it Ralph must have been really bad.

Anthony - when I met you, you seemed like a nice guy and I could have chatted about cars for way longer - but if booze is turning you into a bit of a prick, you need to calm it down... I’ve been there, been the argumentative drunk wanker and still cringe at some of the things I’ve said over the years drunk. I saw that and wound things right back... it’s the odd craft beer and (shared) bottle of decent wine nowadays... and I’m way better for it.

You're still argumentative to be fair! :D

Andyclarke
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Andyclarke » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:51 pm

I presume the point of this thread was for Anthony to reach out to Jon. Good on Jon for being the bigger man in this and it was right that Anthony apologised. Everyone's happy again.

FettBob75
New User
New User

Postby FettBob75 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:47 am

The guy in question, Anthony Roberts, needs to realise that you can't treat collectors like he treated Jon, reputation counts for a hell of a lot in this hobby, I'm still in contact with quite a few big Palitoy collectors and his name is mud, I can't see people dealing with this guy in the future, I've heard that Roberts conducts deals through a guy acting on his behalf, very strange and impersonal, the enjoyment in this hobby is meeting people, but he obviously isn't interested in doing that at all, this will ultimately result in him being unable to further his collection as no-one will do him any favours at all now.

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:44 am

Look guys I naturally appreciate all the support I have had but I think Anthony has had enough stick and he has apologised so we can all move on :)

I hope u have luck in finding the 30 backs ur after Anthony.

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:13 am

So when your wasted now, is this the thread for everyone to post and then all other members know to not take any notice! :lol:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Capetown
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Capetown » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:53 am

Anyway, best to close the thread now. :)

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”