Do you post after having a drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subzero

Sith Lord
Not on here I haven't because I haven't drank for 2 years now, but a few years ago when I was big time into facebook I did post quite often when pissed, it's not the best combination put it that way. :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah all the time, I would hardly post anything otherwise! My wife didn't know I drank until a came home sober one day. :lol: :roll:

If I did post something I regretted I wouldn't be worried, knowone takes any notice of me on here anyway!

yoda

Sith Lord
Yes I've done it, it all depends what you've posted. If it's something silly or on the other hand it makes you cringe once you've reread it the next day. Its really not a nice feeling it's more embarrassment than anything, I've been down both roads :lol:
I try to avoid posting on the web now if I've had a few drinks although sometimes alcohol does tend to cloud my judgement and it seems a good idea at the time :?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I have done a few late posts after a night out and like you say it seems like a good idea at the time only to wake up in the morning and delete them as quickly as possible hoping nobody read them. I fell out with a fellow collector a couple of months ago after I responded to a text he sent me offering to buy something off me, I was out with friends having a boozy lunch and my response was unnecessarily abrupt, my fault, since then I try to avoid responding to anything or worse still posting after I have had a drink!

yoda

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
I've tried it before but I can never find the post office and just end up in a pub or back home a couple of hours later :?
:lol:

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
No! Bought a car once when pissed. Decided at around 3PM after much soul searching that I could only just about afford it and certainly couldn't justify it; by 10PM and best part of 10 pints later I'd said I'd have it.

Didn't find out until the next day after the guy rang me and I checked my texts!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Robstyley said:
I've tried it before but I can never find the post office and just end up in a pub or back home a couple of hours later :?
Brilliant.. :lol:

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
yoda said:
Yes I've done it, it all depends what you've posted. If it's something silly or on the other hand it makes you cringe once you've reread it the next day. Its really not a nice feeling it's more embarrassment than anything, I've been down both roads :lol:
I try to avoid posting on the web now if I've had a few drinks although sometimes alcohol does tend to cloud my judgement and it seems a good idea at the time :?

Yoda i love your drunken posts, they're exactly the sort of things I would post if I could actually control my thumbs after a few rhums.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lom said:
No! Bought a car once when pissed. Decided at around 3PM after much soul searching that I could only just about afford it and certainly couldn't justify it; by 10PM and best part of 10 pints later I'd said I'd have it.

Didn't find out until the next day after the guy rang me and I checked my texts!

If this story ends with you telling us about your lovely Nissan Micra I'm going to be disappointed.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Sometimes I have made a dumb ass post after having a drink and go to delete it only to find someone has quoted me and I cant. Then you are in the lap of the gods left hoping the post is not too popular and does not go on too long.

yoda

Sith Lord
Clarkspie&chips said:
yoda said:

Yoda i love your drunken posts, they're exactly the sort of things I would post if I could actually control my thumbs after a few rhums.

:lol: :lol: Yeah I have had a few alright posts and threads started while alcohol was consumed. It's not the smartest thing to do :?
At least I can take a positive from this whole thread, I'm not the only one rereads what they've posted and says to himself wtf was I thinking posting that last night. And then hoping it just disappears into the archives before someone replies to it :lol:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
I have done a few late posts after a night out and like you say it seems like a good idea at the time only to wake up in the morning and delete them as quickly as possible hoping nobody read them. I fell out with a fellow collector a couple of months ago after I responded to a text he sent me offering to buy something off me, I was out with friends having a boozy lunch and my response was unnecessarily abrupt, my fault, since then I try to avoid responding to anything or worse still posting after I have had a drink!

So let's give u guys the full story since "Wreck-it Ralph" aka Anthony Roberts decided to come on here and casually mention his verbal abuse to "a fellow collector"!
V early part of the year some of u know I decided to part with my Palitoy 30 back collection which many of u know was all but one shy of all the Empire figures :!: So without meaning to b arrogant, a collection that most could only dream of :!: Anyway I let Anthony have 18 of the 19 MOCs(kept the Luke Bespin for my Luke Focus) and tbf to Anthony he initially made a v sound offer and didn't mess me about so much appreciated. However as serious Palitoy collectors know, a lot of money certainly does NOT guarantee a near full set of debut 30 backs :!: :!:
So my point is I feel I did Anthony a massive favour selling to him-because I wasn't in a situation where I had to sell. Also during and indeed after the sale I gave Anthony a lot of my time helping him out with info and advise to help grow his collection-we r talking many early morning phone calls which I happily took and helped out as best I could :!:
A couple of months later I sold Anthony a few more Palitoy Debuts which included the extremely rare 45a 3P0 RL-which the sale was all about. Again he paid well but again a big favour from me :!:

So moving on, Anthony acquired a load more Palitoy MOCs from another collector that he decided after a short while he no longer wanted so first offered them for trade then soon after offered them for sale letting the likes of me and some others know-but no prices were given :!: I had interest in a particular one-not particularly rare and made a fair market value offer and the response I got was "that seems low". I explained my offer was based on previous sales etc and got no reply.
After sometime past I thought I would get back in touch to c if we could both compromise and agree a price because I really wanted the MOC for my collection and this is(from memory) more or less the exact reply I got;
"I don't give a **** about SW Toys! Am more interested in cars! If u want anything, make an offer on multiple items or don't contact me!"

How would u react to a message like that from someone u have spent the best part of the year helping :?: Naturally I was v upset because this is actually the 2nd time I have received a nasty txt from Anthony-the first again being for no justified reason. So I gave a piece of my mind and told him not to contact me again.

Blaming your disgusting response to me on alcohol, u should b utterly ashamed of urself "mate" :!: :!: :!:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
palitoyjunky said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:

So let's give u guys the full story since "Wreck-it Ralph" aka Anthony Roberts decided to come on here and casually mention his verbal abuse to "a fellow collector"!
V early part of the year some of u know I decided to part with my Palitoy 30 back collection which many of u know was all but one shy of all the Empire figures :!: So without meaning to b arrogant, a collection that most could only dream of :!: Anyway I let Anthony have 18 of the 19 MOCs(kept the Luke Bespin for my Luke Focus) and tbf to Anthony he initially made a v sound offer and didn't mess me about so much appreciated. However as serious Palitoy collectors know, a lot of money certainly does NOT guarantee a near full set of debut 30 backs :!: :!:
So my point is I feel I did Anthony a massive favour selling to him-because I wasn't in a situation where I had to sell. Also during and indeed after the sale I gave Anthony a lot of my time helping him out with info and advise to help grow his collection-we r talking many early morning phone calls which I happily took and helped out as best I could :!:
A couple of months later I sold Anthony a few more Palitoy Debuts which included the extremely rare 45a 3P0 RL-which the sale was all about. Again he paid well but again a big favour from me :!:

So moving on, Anthony acquired a load more Palitoy MOCs from another collector that he decided after a short while he no longer wanted so first offered them for trade then soon after offered them for sale letting the likes of me and some others know-but no prices were given :!: I had interest in a particular one-not particularly rare and made a fair market value offer and the response I got was "that seems low". I explained my offer was based on previous sales etc and got no reply.
After sometime past I thought I would get back in touch to c if we could both compromise and agree a price because I really wanted the MOC for my collection and this is(from memory) more or less the exact reply I got;
"I don't give a **** about SW Toys! Am more interested in cars! If u want anything, make an offer on multiple items or don't contact me!"

How would u react to a message like that from someone u have spent the best part of the year helping :?: Naturally I was v upset because this is actually the 2nd time I have received a nasty txt from Anthony-the first again being for no justified reason. So I gave a piece of my mind and told him not to contact me again.

Blaming your disgusting response to me on alcohol, u should b utterly ashamed of urself "mate" :!: :!: :!:

Difficult post to read! If that was my response to you then I sincerely apologise. Alchohol consumption is no excuse for a response like that so all I can say is I am sorry and hope you can accept my apology, if not I fully understand.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
I urge u to read it carefully Anthony :!: It may help u in future with ur collecting career and indeed life.

Anyone who knows me will know I am not one to hold a grudge and am a forgiving person so I will never mention it again if we talk or meet in future but I just felt v strongly about this and had to let off steam.

Burto

Padawan
palitoyjunky said:
I urge u to read it carefully Anthony :!: It may help u in future with ur collecting career and indeed life.

Anyone who knows me will know I am not one to hold a grudge and am a forgiving person so I will never mention it again if we talk or meet in future but I just felt v strongly about this and had to let off steam.

I've known Jon for a number of years and consider him a close friend, I invited him and his good lady up to my wedding earlier this year.
He is very knowledgeable, a top guy, and would help anyone out without a moments hesitation, and for Jon to post this he must feel very strongly, as I've never heard him say a bad word about anyone.

Hope you sort things out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom