Header image

Do you post after having a drink?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Do you post after having a drink?

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:25 am

Do you post after having a drink, do you regret it the next day?
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

Cardbackkid
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: Do you post after having a drink?

Postby Cardbackkid » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:22 am

I haven’t but I’m curious to hear what you have posted ? :lol:

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:29 am

Not on here I haven't because I haven't drank for 2 years now, but a few years ago when I was big time into facebook I did post quite often when pissed, it's not the best combination put it that way. :lol:
Last edited by subzero on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:14 am

Yeah all the time, I would hardly post anything otherwise! My wife didn’t know I drank until a came home sober one day. :lol: :roll:

If I did post something I regretted I wouldn’t be worried, knowone takes any notice of me on here anyway!
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:18 am

Yes I've done it, it all depends what you've posted. If it's something silly or on the other hand it makes you cringe once you've reread it the next day. Its really not a nice feeling it's more embarrassment than anything, I've been down both roads :lol:
I try to avoid posting on the web now if I've had a few drinks although sometimes alcohol does tend to cloud my judgement and it seems a good idea at the time :?
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:40 am

I have done a few late posts after a night out and like you say it seems like a good idea at the time only to wake up in the morning and delete them as quickly as possible hoping nobody read them. I fell out with a fellow collector a couple of months ago after I responded to a text he sent me offering to buy something off me, I was out with friends having a boozy lunch and my response was unnecessarily abrupt, my fault, since then I try to avoid responding to anything or worse still posting after I have had a drink!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:07 am

I asked Todd to marry me but it's difficult to co-ordinate
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:15 am

I've tried it before but I can never find the post office and just end up in a pub or back home a couple of hours later :?

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:16 am

Robstyley wrote:I've tried it before but I can never find the post office and just end up in a pub or back home a couple of hours later :?

:lol:
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~

Lom
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Lom » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:25 am

No! Bought a car once when pissed. Decided at around 3PM after much soul searching that I could only just about afford it and certainly couldn't justify it; by 10PM and best part of 10 pints later I'd said I'd have it.

Didn't find out until the next day after the guy rang me and I checked my texts!
Sith happens.....

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Robstyley wrote:I've tried it before but I can never find the post office and just end up in a pub or back home a couple of hours later :?

Brilliant.. :lol:

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:06 pm

yoda wrote:Yes I've done it, it all depends what you've posted. If it's something silly or on the other hand it makes you cringe once you've reread it the next day. Its really not a nice feeling it's more embarrassment than anything, I've been down both roads :lol:
I try to avoid posting on the web now if I've had a few drinks although sometimes alcohol does tend to cloud my judgement and it seems a good idea at the time :?

Yoda i love your drunken posts, they're exactly the sort of things I would post if I could actually control my thumbs after a few rhums.

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:21 am

Lom wrote:No! Bought a car once when pissed. Decided at around 3PM after much soul searching that I could only just about afford it and certainly couldn't justify it; by 10PM and best part of 10 pints later I'd said I'd have it.

Didn't find out until the next day after the guy rang me and I checked my texts!

If this story ends with you telling us about your lovely Nissan Micra I'm going to be disappointed.

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:53 am

Sometimes I have made a dumb ass post after having a drink and go to delete it only to find someone has quoted me and I cant. Then you are in the lap of the gods left hoping the post is not too popular and does not go on too long.

Capetown
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Capetown » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Wreck-It Ralph wrote:Then you are in the lap of the gods

Just call me Emiel. :-)

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”