What’s your favourite First 12 figure loose and is it different to your favourite First 12 MOC?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Of all the Star Wars figures, my favourites are the First 12. There's so many iconic figures in there and not one duffer.

I've always been a loose collector but I'm getting tempted into purchasing some MOCs and the first 12, whilst probably the most expensive, also in my opinion herald the best designs. I just love the huge Star Wars Logo.

But my possible foray into MOCs is presenting me with a problem. I don't have much spare cash and I see me treating myself to one, maybe two a year - but what to purchase first?

My favourite First 12 figures are Han Solo, Princess Leia, R2D2, Death Squad Commander in that order. While I love them all I'm not as fussed with C3PO, Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Stormtrooper.

But when it comes to MOCs I think my favourites might be Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, R2D2, Princess Leia, Darth Vader in that order and am not as fussed with the DSC. And I'm definitely not as keen on C3PO, Tusken Raider and Jawa so at least there's one decision made.

Of course I'm not an expert on MOCs having never owned a First 12 in my life so it may change if I get one.

So I just wondered what your favourite first 12 figures were loose and if they were different to the ones you like most on MOCs?

Attachments

• 02F1C317-E84A-4787-BE7C-AD141D27D9F0.jpeg
    02F1C317-E84A-4787-BE7C-AD141D27D9F0.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 919

Robstyley

Sith Lord
My favourite first 12 loose is Luke because it was my favourite as a kid, it's an iconic look and how he is as we first meet him. And he's the main man, the film's about him. Favourite Moc would be between Han Solo and R2D2 because I love both characters and the cardback images/colours.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Favourite loose would be small head Han (but definitely not old balloon head Han!). It was a favourite of mine when I was a kid, made all the more special because it took me ages to get one. However, close behind Han would be Luke, and he is my favourite carded figure from the first 12; an iconic image of Luke, the main hero of the film, staring into the distance. Loved it as a child, and love it still (although in truth, I love all the 12 backs :)).

subzero

Sith Lord
R2 is easily my fave, I was always obsessed with him as a kid and I still get warm fuzzy feelings even now when I see a mint one on the card, just like when I used to spot one on a shop shelf. My second fave out of the first 12 is easily 3-PO but that would be if I had to choose a loose figure, but as we're talking about MOC then that would have to be Chewbacca hands down as I think it easily has the best card image.

So R2 then Chewie are what I would want, anything else after that would be gravy. :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
To hard to decide, can't choose from Han, Luke, Vader, Stormtrooper, Jawa, Sand People or Chewbacca. Any of them for either option! :)

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
One of two for me...

the first figures I got were handed down to me from my brother which were darth vader and Chewbacca, I played with them loads and I really liked there weapons and detail

a couple of years ago a carded Chewbacca popped up on ebay I think it was Chinese or Japanese and it had the bottom right hand corner cut out which didn't bother me, I thought I'd treat myself and put a bid in for £120 but just missed out by a few pounds was kicking myself and then days later the figure had been re-listed by the winner with a buy it now price of £350 I was really pissed off

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
I thought I'd treat myself and put a bid in for £120 but just missed out by a few pounds was kicking myself and then days later the figure had been re-listed by the winner with a buy it now price of £350 I was really pissed off

Ahh that's really annoying that is! :evil:

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I don't really have a lot of love for the first 12, mostly because I was too young to remember them but I also feel the sculpting was understandably poorer than the rest of the run. The telescoping lightsabers didn't do it for me either along with Hans massive head (didn't know about the pin head version until I was an adult). They did get some right though and some of my favourites from the whole line would be the stormtrooper and jawa.

Card backs though, they completely nailed it from the off! Ben is the only slight duffer from the bunch but Han's iconic pose is so perfect it's a winner for me.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
To hard to decide, can't choose from Han, Luke, Vader, Stormtrooper, Jawa, Sand People or Chewbacca. Any of them for either option! :)

Clarkspie&chips said:
They did get some right though and some of my favourites from the whole line would be the stormtrooper and jawa.

I'm not that fussed with the jawa 12 back on the picture at the start of the thread but I just viewed the VCJ on one and the combination of the colour of the cape on the yellow background sets it off so much better. It looks even better with the Palitoy Logo.

I really like the Jawa figure but IMO the cloth cape on the jawa figure covers up all the most interesting features of the jawa, namely the intricate detailing of the hood and straps. You can tell the cloth cape was not designed to sit with the original figure sculpt. Shame the VCJ is so prohibitively expensive.

Attachments

• 67871021-E77A-4ACA-9416-F3D22BB88E93.jpeg
    67871021-E77A-4ACA-9416-F3D22BB88E93.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 855

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
My favourite loose and MoC are both Han Solo and Leia Organa - great figures and IMO the best card art too!

Not sure if there's one I could say that I dislike, but Luke is probably my least favourite as a loose figure from the first 12 and the Kenobi and C3PO card art are both at the bottom of the pile of 12 for me

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Love all of the first 12. They still cheer me up every time I see them. I think you could show Luke Skywalker to almost anyone and they would say Star Wars. Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, R2, Darth Vader, Stormie and C3P0 figures are pretty iconic I think. In recent years I've come to love the Sandpeople 12 Back and figure. Very cool. I'd love to own a 12 back!!!

hellhippie

Jedi Master
sandperson all the way !!!! loved it when i was a kid still my fave figure ... then jawa/luke tied for a close 2nd

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
For me it would be Luke loose, probably jawa carded. I had a few of the Luke figures as a kid, because I ended up breaking them, or the sabre.

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
Some of the best figures in the entire range came out in that first 12...but for me, my very first figure ever was my favourite character and also number one figure...always has been, always will be...loose or carded..? Whatever, just give me Darth Vader.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
DARTH VADER said:
Some of the best figures in the entire range came out in that first 12...but for me, my very first figure ever was my favourite character and also number one figure...always has been, always will be...loose or carded..? Whatever, just give me Darth Vader.
You'd never of guessed from your username and avatar :lol:

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
TheJabbaWookie said:
DARTH VADER said:
You'd never of guessed from your username and avatar :lol:

I enjoy being one of those hard to read characters :D

Miscus5555

Youngling
Favorite Loose is definitely cloth jawa. He just stands out in quality compared to the vinyl caped figures.

Favorite carded is Darth Vader. Even though he's dark and mysterious, the cardback photo makes him even more dark and mysterious. When I was little, I would try to think of when the scene of the cardback photo used was but I was not aware of airbrushing at 4 years old. So Vader had this brown background which was very weird

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom