"The Star Wars Phenomenon in Britain" book latest.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
The latest news is that the book will be available in February from online sellers. I've got no word at this stage regarding it being available in the shops yet. I can confirm that the book is a large format paperback (17.8 x 25.4 cm) 239 pages. 120 photos. Appendices. Starburst has given it a 9/10 review. SFX will be printing a review in the new year.

My greatest thanks to everyone who has pre-ordered my book The cheapest price I've seen so far is from a German online shop. Their price is 36.49 Euros - that works out as £27.61. That's a big difference from the British distributor's RRP of £39.99. If people have paid more in advance, it might end up that the price will drop under a price guarantee. I'll be contacting Amazon to let them know that their price has been beaten. It might be worth people letting their supplier know as well.

https://www.hugendubel.de/de/taschenbuch/craig_stevens-the_star_wars_phenomenon_in_britain_the_blockbuster_impact_and_the_galaxy_of_merchandise_1977_1983-29509755-produkt-details.html

Exiting times indeed!

Craig.

Attachments

• high res final book cover medium.jpg
    high res final book cover medium.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 920
  • previewpicvader.jpg
    previewpicvader.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 922

Paddy the Jedi

Padawan
Hello Craig. I pre -ordered my copy about 2 weeks ago!!!! Really looking forward to getting it!!! Hope you are keeping well, regards Gary.

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
As far as I'm located in Germany, I just did my pre-order via hugendubel. Thanks for the link.
Now can't wait to get and read my copy. :D

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Got an e mail this morning to tell me amazon have cancelled my pre order.

Any update Craig?

Hope this still happens. Was looking forward to this.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
The book is definitely still happening. I've been working with the editor of the book to fine tune it to perfection. The publisher has everything it needs to bring it to print, so I'm sure that they'll get on with it ASAP. There are cheaper deals around so anyone who ordered via Amazon might be able to save themselves a few quid.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Sparky P said:
Got an e mail this morning to tell me amazon have cancelled my pre order.

Any update Craig?

Hope this still happens. Was looking forward to this.

Just downloaded on kindle from Amazon! Crazy

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Alos got a message from "hugendubel" (see above) that the delivery is on delay. That's OK for me, still looking forward to it.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Many thanks for people's continued interest in my book. It's actually been printed now and is being sent to retailers.

The cheapest way to get the book may be to go via Eurospan, the European distributors who are expecting supplies in around two weeks. They're kindly offering a 20% discount to SWFUK. Details on a new thread http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36250

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom