What if Kenner updated cardback photos for each character as each movie was released?

Miscus5555

Youngling
I always wondered how cool and how crazy collecting would be if Kenner updated (for a fresh look) the cardback photos for each figure as they appeared (if they appeared) in the newest movie. Concluding the line with POTF cardbacks for every figure ever made.

Some examples of this would be

Darth Vader (Star Wars header, Star Wars photo)
Darth Vader (ESB header, new from ESB photo)
Darth Vader (ROTJ header, new ROTJ "pointing" photo)
Darth Vader (POTF header, back to original Star Wars photo)

Being that Darth Vader was in every movie, he would appear repackaged on every card header with a new photo.

Jawa (Star Wars header, Star Wars photo)
Jawa (ROTJ header, new photo from ROTJ from Jabba's palace)
Jawa (POTF header, back to original Star Wars photo)

Jawa wasn't in ESB, so therefore he would never get repacked until 1983

Characters like Hammerhead, R5-D4, you'd never be able to buy until the POTF came out. Ugnaught, Hoth Rebels, Bespin outfits only able to purchase during the 3 year era of Empire Strikes Back.

You might get a regular R2-D2 and C-3PO in the ROTJ wave because say R2-D2's lightsaber variant wouldn't be out until the POTF line.

If it was done this way, it might be a lighter carded set for collectors but much more unique. The POTF set would be huge with over 100's carded figures. It would also boost sales as some people might still be looking for the Original Han, Luke, or Leia.

If sales really died with POTF like they did, imagine what SW header Luke, Leia, or Han would be valued at today!

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'd have liked that.

I remember liking them changing the pictures on some of them circa 84. It would have made trips to the toy shop even more overwhelming.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom