Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I've recently purchase a loose Princess Leia Organa from a seller on eBay, who I've bought from before, who often sells rarer PBP and Lili Ledy products and who I have nothing but kind words for.

The figure is in immaculate condition but came packed with a v4 Lili Ledy Blaster and cape with smooth texture on both sides and no characteristic zipping sound. The cape is smaller than my current cross hatched zipping (assume) no Coo cape and has the corner cut off one corner rather like the Taiwan variant listed on the TIG site. The figure is a Hong Kong Coo.

I will examine the cape in more detail over the weekend and post up imagery of the cape alongside my existing No Coo cape (though my camera is not good enough to pick up the detailed textures), as well as pics of the Coo but in the meantime I wanted to rack the brains of the most experienced here.

Firstly I wondered if there is a full proof way to identify a Taiwan cape. There have been a lot of previous threads posted up over the years but nothing conclusive that I could find.

Secondly and more interestingly I wondered if there was anyway to confirm the following which the seller has said to me. He has said information can be found on the TIG forum but I haven't been able to locate it as there are so many threads.

"Jay this is the first issue (very early cape) it just has a smooth side and a slightly textured side, the zipping sound/style capes merged and took over and became the norm. I have had Obi, Tusken and Darth capes all first issue and the same material, please don't panic as the figure is mine from card. I know TIG say that organa leias have dark blue blasters but kenner organas were also packed with light blue V4s (Ledy ones) but obviously were kenner and not Ledy, confusing but true"

Lars, I know you were heavily involved in a thread in 2014 (see link below) - were any conclusions ever reached? Has any info been uncovered since. Does anyone own an early Issue Cape that could confirm if they were different to the standard cross-hatch? http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20113&p=278310&hilit=Leia+cape#p278310

Any help appreciated.
Jay

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
I'd be interested to know too as I have a Leia cape which has no zipping sound and I've always wondered if it's repro or not , last time I asked I was told all Leia capes should zip , I also have a snowtrooper skirt made of similar material , these both came from genuine childhood collections which is the reason I was doubtful they would be repro.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ChallengerFox said:
I'd be interested to know too as I have a Leia cape which has no zipping sound and I've always wondered if it's repro or not , last time I asked I was told all Leia capes should zip , I also have a snowtrooper skirt made of similar material , these both came from genuine childhood collections which is the reason I was doubtful they would be repro.

There is snowtrooper skirts that does not make a zip sound, I have found some in some different childhood lots :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
I've recently purchase a loose Princess Leia Organa from a seller on eBay, who I've bought from before, who often sells rarer PBP and Lili Ledy products and who I have nothing but kind words for.

The figure is in immaculate condition but came packed with a v4 Lili Ledy Blaster and cape with smooth texture on both sides and no characteristic zipping sound. The cape is smaller than my current cross hatched zipping (assume) no Coo cape and has the corner cut off one corner rather like the Taiwan variant listed on the TIG site. The figure is a Hong Kong Coo.

I will examine the cape in more detail over the weekend and post up imagery of the cape alongside my existing No Coo cape (though my camera is not good enough to pick up the detailed textures), as well as pics of the Coo but in the meantime I wanted to rack the brains of the most experienced here.

Firstly I wondered if there is a full proof way to identify a Taiwan cape. There have been a lot of previous threads posted up over the years but nothing conclusive that I could find.

Secondly and more interestingly I wondered if there was anyway to confirm the following which the seller has said to me. He has said information can be found on the TIG forum but I haven't been able to locate it as there are so many threads.

"Jay this is the first issue (very early cape) it just has a smooth side and a slightly textured side, the zipping sound/style capes merged and took over and became the norm. I have had Obi, Tusken and Darth capes all first issue and the same material, please don't panic as the figure is mine from card. I know TIG say that organa leias have dark blue blasters but kenner organas were also packed with light blue V4s (Ledy ones) but obviously were kenner and not Ledy, confusing but true"

Lars, I know you were heavily involved in a thread in 2014 (see link below) - were any conclusions ever reached? Has any info been uncovered since. Does anyone own an early Issue Cape that could confirm if they were different to the standard cross-hatch? http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20113&p=278310&hilit=Leia+cape#p278310

Any help appreciated.
Jay

We have talked about this a few times on the forum. I am also still confused about the leia cape with no zip sound. I have never found one in a childhood lot, but then again I have never found a taiwan leia in a childhood lot. But I also have a leia no zip sound cape that I bought from another collector with 2 other capes, a no zip sound vader cape and a no zip sound tusken raider cape. I was told they were all original. Later I learned the vader cape was a lili ledy cape after I found 2 in some danish childhood collections to compare with. Leia still confuse me if the cape is orginal since I have never had another cape to compare it with :? the same with the tusken raider cape, never heard about a no zip sound tusken raider cape, but I am still open to that maybe the guy I bought it from is correct about that it is rare and real. Chico confirmed that my leia cape was real a few years ago, but I would be more sure if more collectors could confirm it. So my leia and tusken raider cape is still quarantined. I hope I will learn some more in this thread and that you also get some help Jay :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
I hope I will learn some more in this thread and that you also get some help Jay :D
Bryan (TrappedTexan) on TIG has given me some homework reading. I'm going to read up on that. All posts appear inconclusive thus far but I will post a link up to that thread to if I get anywhere with it. Thank you for your reply.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:
I hope I will learn some more in this thread and that you also get some help Jay :D
Bryan (TrappedTexan) on TIG has given me some homework reading. I'm going to read up on that. All posts appear inconclusive thus far but I will post a link up to that thread to if I get anywhere with it. Thank you for your reply.

Let me know if you learn something new :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom