Are Car Boots still an option?

Idpullthecurtain

Youngling
I havent been to a Car Boot sale for years. Do collectors still find Vintage Star Wars figures at Car Boots?
I am based in the North West and was thinking about trying some out. I guess years ago they would have been great? Anyone had any good experiences in the last few years?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Idpullthecurtain said:
I havent been to a Car Boot sale for years. Do collectors still find Vintage Star Wars figures at Car Boots?
I am based in the North West and was thinking about trying some out. I guess years ago they would have been great? Anyone had any good experiences in the last few years?

Here's a recent thread that should shed some light on car boots for you, in short there's not a ton of goodness out there but at least there's still some.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32593

Ian

poncho

Grand Master
StarWarsFan said:
Personally yes would recommend car boots have had some great finds this year.
you get anything with starwars on bless ya. you have found some cracking stuff this year though. i went to local carboot last week and found 5 loose figures. i turned them down after he told me his astronomical price

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
poncho said:
StarWarsFan said:
you get anything with starwars on bless ya. you have found some cracking stuff this year though. i went to local carboot last week and found 5 loose figures. i turned them down after he told me his astronomical price

Thanks mate, wish ours was still on miss it. What figures were they? How much were they asking dare I ask.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Definitely still an option but you have to be super early!

We sold a load of crap from our house at a carboot earlier in the year I took some ropey figures with me as an experiment, we set up at 7am and by 730 I had had something like 15 different people ask how much they were. So that tells you something

Also I tried drumming up conversation with all of them about the hobbie and all but 1 had no interest in talking about it which says to me they were mainly dealers to sell on.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Not as good as we had it in the late 80's early 90's but you still find a diamond in the ruff sometimes, think it helps if star wars is not your only hobby but still find little gems every now and then, some of my finds in the boot sale thread demonstrate the type of fair on offer, but you have to be early :)

poncho

Grand Master
StarWarsFan said:
poncho said:
StarWarsFan said:

Thanks mate, wish ours was still on miss it. What figures were they? How much were they asking dare I ask.
£4 each but they were battered common figs no variants.

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
They are still worth a look, very occasionally I pick up something half decent. I picked up a Vader Don Post helmet on Sunday very cheap. Last year I picked up some quite good figures, complete Leia Poncho. I look for other stuff too, still great to see some vintage though. Got a great stormtrooper helmet last year, that was a good find. Charity shops are worth a look, if you keep going to the same one.

subzero

Sith Lord
Never found a single vintage figure or ship/vehicle, not even a single severe beater in all the years iv'e been to them. :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yep, picked up a reasonable amount at car boots. Best find has been an R5-D4 baggie but that was about 2 years ago now. More recently I've picked up an Amanaman, X-Wing (Complete) and Jabba (near complete) for £60, so was happy with that. I also got a really nice AT-AT not long back for £20. Missing chin guns and bulb cover but for 20 quid I was happy.

Where in the NW are you? My stomping ground in the 90s was the Rugby Club carboot and the Countess of Chester Car boot (both in Chester, obvs). Been a few years since I was there, but they both used to be excellent. In fact, before the one above the Rugby club in '94 was the last time I found an Amanaman at a carboot! 20p vs. £30, though :/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom