WANTED! Collectors in North West England.

IanMercury

Hello!

I'm looking for someone in the North West of England, or nearby in the North, with a huge collection of Stars Wars memorabilia in the North West of England.

I'm the picture editor at a national news agency and with the release of the new film getting closer and closer we are looking to put together a piece about one of Britain ms biggest collectors of Star Wars memorabilia!

If you are, or know anyone that might be, interested in sharing their prized collection with the world I'd love you to get in touch!

MOD EDIT, PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED. PM HIM.

Thanks!!!!

Ian.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ian,

I removed your email address and phone number as this is an open forum. Anyone who is interested will either reply to you in this thread or via PM.

Good luck.

Weaz.

subzero

Sith Lord
*Plot twist* Ian turns out to be a vintage figure thief and comes over and takes all your ****. :lol:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
subzero said:
*Plot twist* Ian turns out to be a vintage figure thief and comes over and takes all your ****. :lol:

This would be my concern.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Not sure I'd want a big red x putting on my collection, I'm in the north and know what its like round here, any excuse to rob you blind.
Don't think the original poster will be back, probably expecting lots of calls and emails, i'm sure they'll find someone though

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
grinchy said:
Not sure I'd want a big red x putting on my collection, I'm in the north and know what its like round here, any excuse to rob you blind.
Don't think the original poster will be back, probably expecting lots of calls and emails, i'm sure they'll find someone though
Quite. I know it was a bit different years ago, but I do wince when I see big collectors all but advertising exactly what they have and where they live to a waiting world of potential thieves! The press laps up a good 'Star Wars Geek' story, and wheels one out every now and then when it suits them, usually covering it with feeble and error-strewn descriptions, and ultimately only really being interested in what it's all worth. They shout the value at the top of their lungs, then bugger off leaving the poor collector high and dry and painted with that big red X you mentioned!

Thanks, but no thanks. :roll:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ooooh, you bunch of grumpy old cynics :lol:

Fair observations all round, though. To be honest, I'd be more concerned with the nonsense that gets spouted in the final article than someone stealing it. They don't publish your address although it doesn't take many steps to finding it if your correct name is published and it's anything other than Dave Smith or William Jones (for the Welsh contingent!).

Ian, there's been experienced collectors from here in the press before, in broadsheets at that, and even they get misquoted for he sake of yet another inaccurate attention grabbing piece. And frankly, it does damage the hobby. Forums are about coming together, sure, but primarily they're about information sharing and education. The press takes a step backwards in that by insisting on talking, well, shite.

subzero

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
grinchy said:
Quite. I know it was a bit different years ago, but I do wince when I see big collectors all but advertising exactly what they have and where they live to a waiting world of potential thieves! The press laps up a good 'Star Wars Geek' story, and wheels one out every now and then when it suits them, usually covering it with feeble and error-strewn descriptions, and ultimately only really being interested in what it's all worth. They shout the value at the top of their lungs, then bugger off leaving the poor collector high and dry and painted with that big red X you mentioned!

Thanks, but no thanks. :roll:

Haha that's very true, they know this stuff gets people's attentions and it sells. What proves this is when you go on google and type in anything to do with figure values, half the results on the first page are from The Sun, Guardian and The Daily Mail etc reporting about nothing else accept for what they're worth and the % they've risen. They always pick ridiculous numbers some of which are usually taken from an ebay BIN listing where some nob end is asking for like £5000 for a figure when it's actually worth about £1000, then they say "this figure is now worth £5000". It causes a ton of clueless idiots to flood onto ebay and start bidding on **** for stupid prices because they want to invest in it ( and prob on facebook too ) and causes price rises for no reason.

Then yeah anyone that knows your face around where you live ( that's probably a lot more people than you'd think ) can easily find out where you live, then bang it's game over!, not worth the risk at all.

subzero

Sith Lord
This is the shite that i'm talking about, a new article yesterday by the Daily Star, some of the valuations the paper has come up with and which figures they're saying are very rare makes for some cringe worthy reading...

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/665231/Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi-rare-toys-worth-millions-Luke-Skywalker-Darth-Vader

Raid your lofts guys you could have a toy worth millions up there. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom