Question/Advice On Shipping MOC

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
I have never posted a MOC before so I'm just wondering about this scenario which concerns me as someone in Germany has asked if I will ship a fairly valuable MOC i'm selling.

So if I sold a fully sealed MOC on Ebay and for example it arrived to him and the bubble had fallen off in transit how does that work in terms of refunds and insurance etc ? Would I need to refund him the full amount what he paid ? Would the insurance on the Royal Mail tracked and signed cover this ?

I'm not for a minute suggesting this would or could happen as I would package it very well but i'm just concerned of this kind of thing happening because i'm listing it as "collection only" which I think is putting a lot of people off buying it as he is about the 5th person from overseas that has asked me if I will ship.

Thanks for any advice.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
If you clingfilm the moc carefully and use a Starcase with packing peanuts inside, there's no way the bubble will fall off. If it's graded, there is more chance it can come off, as you can't support it in the case.

lejackal

Grand Master
Essentially the onus is on you as the seller to ensure it arrives in one piece and as described.
There is a thread somewhere about Weasel shipping a MOC that then cracked. He had to take parcelfarce to court to get a payout I believe.
What value are you talking about and what MOC? Is it something renowned for its fragility?

lejackal

Grand Master
Cazza said:
If you clingfilm the moc carefully and use a Starcase with packing peanuts inside, there's no way the bubble will fall off. If it's graded, there is more chance it can come off, as you can't support it in the case.
I always used cling film until recently, someone I sold a MOC to didn't open the parcel for a month or two and the clingfolm took some of the litho off. My own fault as I had been warned previously that it could happen.

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Thanks for the replies, it's this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Original-Kenner-Star-Wars-Return-Of-The-Jedi-77-Back-Boba-Fett-MOC/202126813257?hash=item2f0fb26849:g:jfQAAOSwPe9ZsRnX

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Yeah any item is 100% your responsibility until the buyer receives it in the same condition it left you in. If it gets damaged in transit you will have to fully refund the buyer and get them to return it to you. But ask them for photos of the damaged package and/or item so you can make an insurance claim with the courier. If you package it well it should never happen but sending anything has a certain risk. If you can't prove the courier damaged it they will try to not pay out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom