MISB Bi Logo INT-4 post purchase question

Merrion

Padawan
Hi there resident experts

I purchased a MISB vinatge Bi Logo INT 4 that arrived today on ebay.

On inspection of the item I noted when I turned the box of the INT 4 a rattling sound which meant there were loose parts that were not secure. I assumed that if this was a MISB the inserts would hold all parts tight and you would noy hear parts moving about. I alsonoted the tape that sealed the item looked very new, I woild have expected the tape to be somewhat yellowish given the age of the item. I also noted th etexture of the box itself felt almost grainy which Im not sure iscorrect.

When I contacted the seller with the above observations I was informed as follows:

"the reason it looks so clean is it was pulled from a shipping box directly….it's still sealed and totally awesome. In terms of the rattling, I believe that's normal for that type of Int-4…..there were many shipping boxes with these filled in them so it's not that uncommon to find them in great shape. I have a couple at AFA for grading right now."

Does this sound right ? Apprecaite any feedack you may have on the above and if indeed for this rattling soundis normal for this particular model?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sounds legit. Had some with grainy print before and the rattling on the INT-4 is likely to TVR the nose cannon which isn't attached when in the box. Not all tape has dried out on boxes, particularly later stuff like this. Post of some pics and we can have a look for you.

Merrion

Padawan
Thanks for the quick reply.

I can take some pictures and upload tomorrow evening or alternatively post the url link to the sold item in ebay. Not sure if thats appropriate protocol given it displays the sellers ebay name? Just to stress i have not suggested its not legit but the observations mentioned just have me curious for feedback.

Cheers

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Sounds very credible to me too. There has indeed been a flood of very mint INT-4´s in the recent past. They look like they are brand new. THe thing within would indeed be the nose cannon, which is normally packed inside a baggie with the instructions and decals, but the tape on that baggie could have come loose. I think you have nothing to worry about.

spoons

Grand Master
I wouldnt worry either. The tape on the sealed ones is never yellow in my experience.

The rattling will most likely be the wings rather than the nose cannon, which is in the baggie as Emiel says. The wings are held in by the card insert but there is still some movement if the prop comes away.

Merrion

Padawan
Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies. Ill take it as legit based on your feedback. Much appreciated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom