Full set of loose figures at Sheffield auction

spoons

Grand Master
Went to see these in person this week, and was surprised that they went for £2.5k plus commission (£3k in total).

The Lando General was described as having a rare cape variation, which i assumed was repro especially with the grey blaster, and made me suspcious of some of the other weapons. R2's sabre looked fine close up and Lukes stormies helmet was yellowed so thought they were probably ok.

Considering that the collection is played with, broken sabres and staffs is £3k the going rate for a full set? I would have thought you'd get a mint set for that

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-42180643

On the flip side a carded Logray and Chirpa didnt sell at £40 each so wish I'd had a punt on those.

subzero

Sith Lord
Think there was a guy on here that sold a full set a few months back for about £3k if I remember right, but I do think they were all in NM condition.

That Lando cape though... :lol:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I would have thought more as I'm chasing down the last few to finish my loose collection and doing the calculations i would say a complete set of last 17 would be getting close to £2000 now with pop up R2 at close £300.

spoons

Grand Master
Stubbs said:
I would have thought more as I'm chasing down the last few to finish my loose collection and doing the calculations i would say a complete set of last 17 would be getting close to £2000 now with pop up R2 at close £300.

I had no idea. I still value last 17 as £50 average and all other figures at £15 average

Might have a punt next time

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Thing is it didn't matter so much if you got a load of figures in a lot with repro weapons when stuff was sensible. Now you do £3k and it's all **** then you are stuck in a big hole.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I have a spread sheet with my Near Mint Loose Set (minus VCJ and Blue Snaggletooth) for insurance valuation and I have it valued at just over £4K if sold individually and totalled up. I guess lower selling in one hit.

jared007

Padawan
TheJabbaWookie said:
I have a spread sheet ... valued at just over £4K if sold individually and totalled up. I guess lower selling in one hit.

I'd agree, it's probably closer to 4K for a full 96 set.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
spoons said:
Stubbs said:

I had no idea. I still value last 17 as £50 average and all other figures at £15 average

I wish i could pick up the remainder of last 17 for £50 a piece. Black palace blaster is around that ATM.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
300 for R2? Jesus. I picked up mine for £80 off a from a for sale group where my Mum lives. Was only about a year and a half ago.

subzero

Sith Lord
Paid £360 for mine :lol: overpaid a bit but it is almost dead mint though so I didn't mind paying it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom