SWFUK member "rdpla" - THANK YOU !!

pmsbull

Jedi Master
I have been trying for several years to complete a grail of mine, to collect the full set of three copper Takara badges MOC

The set consitsts of C3po, and X-wing, and one pesky astrodroid - that little bucket of trouble otherwise known as R2D2.
( for reference, heres a look at the X-wing https://thevintagetoyadvertiser.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/takara16.jpg )

Try as I might, the R2D2 one just kept on eluding me for various reasons, untiul that is, I get a PM from SWFUK member, "rdpla".

After a little negotiation, we agreed on a price we were both happy with, and the deal was struck. I could not wait to finally get the R2D2 badge and complete the set !

So the postman arrives today, and like an eager kid I want to rip open the pack - and it takes al of my restraint to instead, take a small pair of scissors and carefully open the box to get to the treasure inside...

Only, when I open the box, what do I find ???

Not only the R2D2 badge MOC in superb condition, but ALSO, as pictured on the back of the badge cards, another superb condition Takara pin badge MOC !

It warms my heart to see that, in an age where things are becoming less about the joy of collecting and increasingly about the cash, there are still beautiful people involved in this hobby !

So to "rdpla" - aka , Robert-san, I say a huge;
"Doumo Arigatou Gozimasu! May The Force Be With You !"

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
That's really cool. Love it.

This forum use to be full of actions like this. Glad to see it still is.

subzero

Sith Lord
*Plot twist* .. rdpla put the extra badge in the package by mistake and wants it back. :lol:

All jokes aside, well done on completing the set it must be very satisfying, and there are some amazing people out there!, I know how it feels being excited to open a package when it can't be opened quick enough i'm wanting to grab the nearest butter knife and smash my way into it like "AAARHHHHH"

pmsbull

Jedi Master
Thanks guys.

Yeah it was a real rush to get the set.
Might have to search out the set of button badges now, lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom