Repairing the Princess

Crumm

Padawan
Hi all.

The Princess Leia Organa figure I have had since I was a kid is in really good shape. However, when I moved the arms back to take off the cape her body opened up a little bit on both shoulder seams next to her neck. When the arms go back down she can be pressed back together again.

It's not massively bad, but I would like to repair her before sending her in for grading.

I am thinking superglue on the end of something like an unbent paperclip just to get some into the joints when they are open.

Does anyone have any experience here on materials and technique? Should I do it at all or just leave her alone?

Cheers guys.

poncho

Grand Master
if you had the figure as a kid why on earth would you want to grade it tombed up

display it proud on a starstand/protech stand! or if you like but put in a gw acrylic sliding loose figure case and you can handle as you please

Crumm

Padawan
I am doing a graded first 12 run and wanted to use her as part of it (also have Luke and Stormtrooper to use as well). They will be something to pass on to my son eventually, something he can remember me by when I am dust and bones (or sell them if he wants the cash :D )

Anyway, if I repair the figure with the utmost care and no glue is showing at the seam, would this affect the grading process?

I am new to all this. I will try to upload a pic of the damage, it's not bad as such, but I would prefer it fixed.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Keep your childhood toy as is for sentimental value and if you want to grade one for a loose first 12 run for your kid buy another and get it graded. As spoons said they won't touch it if it's been glued, repainted or touched up in any way.

Crumm

Padawan
Pics attached. worth sending in or would it not be graded?

Attachments

• 20171208_141130.jpg
    20171208_141130.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 429
  • 20171208_141113.jpg
    20171208_141113.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 429

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
They will grade it, but I suspect very low.
If you really want to grade it why not send UKG an email and picture, I have always found them quite approachable.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Just to pre warn you, I'm not sure what's going on inside but it could be the arm sockets are forcing something inside that they shouldn't, if you glue her closed you could risk snapping the arms from the sockets if forced

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom