30 BACK PALITOYS

Davaider

Padawan
Hi Guys ..30 Back Palitoys. As Stated on the Mr Palitoy website they are 3 ways to Distinguish Version A and B.
1) The Size of the Palitoy logo on the front
2) The Ages Logo type on Front
3) The Hong Kong type on the Back

I have found a 4th way to distinguish A and B from the Front of the Card.
On the Front logo of Empire Strikes Back The last letter of "K" has the "TM" inside of it. This means it is A Version

If the "K" DOESNT have the "TM" inside of it , It is B Version

See Pics of Mr Lando Attached
22A58DE4-BD36-41AE-9019-6A88CE388247.jpeg
C7ACCCA2-C12D-465F-8637-CDCBC479815E.jpeg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well spotted that man :D

It seems to be the case and will be interesting to hear if anyone has a card to break that rule, if not then Jason will need to mention it on his site.

Ian

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I am not an expert at all when it comes to moc's and maybe its just the picture but the top card looks suspect to me. Colours are wrong bubble looks a day old. But like i said im no expert.

Davaider

Padawan
I struggled to find a good Moc/picture of Lando B version
I'm sure someone on this website has 1 and can confirm
Thanks

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Davaider said:
I struggled to find a good Moc/picture of Lando B version
I'm sure someone on this website has 1 and can confirm
Thanks

Im sure thay will i assumed you owned these examples.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Dav's eye for detail strikes again!

Maybe someone who owns 30a age 30b can take better pics for us?

MarkG

Jedi Master
Jason does mention the TM brand on his website in the 30A section.

"The first release of figures for the Empire Strikes Back added 10 new figures to the existing 20 give rise to the 30A card. Only 10 figures were released on this card. It features the Empire Strikes Back logo on the front of the card and a smaller Palitoy logo like the 20-back but more to the centre of the card. There is another card variation with 30 figures listed on the back which has a larger Palitoy logo on the front like the 12-back which is known as a 30B. The logo size is how they are told apart. This card also features the letters TM on the K of the Empire Strikes Back logo. This is absent on the 30B card and onwards".

Davaider

Padawan
Haven't seen that paragraph , I'll look again this is the paragraph on the website too
" The 30B card differs from the 30A variation in 3 ways. The Palitoy logo on the front of the card is larger than that on the 30A, and is of the same size as that on the 12-back. Next, the font used on the Ages 4 and over text on the top right hand corner on the front of the card is different between the 2 variations. Lastly, on the back of the card, it says Made in Hong Kong on the white border in the bottom right hand corner of the card. This card variation, and all card variations up until 45A were manufactured in Hong Kong at the Kader Industries factory by the Palitoy (Far East) Company Ltd and then shipped back assembled to the Coalville factory in the UK."

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Soz if I am stating the "bleedin obvious" but u guys know both Lando pics r of A cards right :?:

Yes Dav the B card Lando is a fair bit less common than the A. Some 30A MOCs that r relatively common ie Rebel Soldier r super tough to find on 30B :!: Luke Bespin is another although we have a revised photo with that one.

Palifan

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
Soz if I am stating the "bleedin obvious" but u guys know both Lando pics r of A cards right :?:

Yes Dav the B card Lando is a fair bit less common than the A. Some 30A MOCs that r relatively common ie Rebel Soldier r super tough to find on 30B :!: Luke Bespin is another although we have a revised photo with that one.

Looking at both pictures it looks like both of them have TM on them but when I looked at other pictures of A and B backs I could see this TM observation was correct but thought it would be good for any guys with these in their collections to take a quick look (even if anyone has just the card backs).

Have you got any A backs in your B back run Jon you could take a look at?

Ian

Davaider

Padawan
Hi Jon , The 2 Lando pictures above are not Both A backs.
1 has a Tm in the K (A Back) and the other doesn't have the Tm which makes it a B back.
(Sorry I know the pics are not brill but it was the best I could find online) Especially the B back as you said yourself it's rarer , hence why I couldn't find a great pic.
Talking about rarity From A and B is not what I'm saying. Just stating the Tm is another way to distinguish A and B version on 30 back Palitoys.
It would be probably the quickest way to distinguish the difference from face front rather than seeing if the Palitoy logo is bigger or smaller.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Davaider said:
Hi Jon , The 2 Lando pictures above are not Both A backs.
1 has a Tm in the K (A Back) and the other doesn't have the Tm which makes it a B back.
(Sorry I know the pics are not brill but it was the best I could find online) Especially the B back as you said yourself it's rarer , hence why I couldn't find a great pic.
Talking about rarity From A and B is not what I'm saying. Just stating the Tm is another way to distinguish A and B version on 30 back Palitoys.
It would be the quickest way to distinguish the difference from face front rather than seeing if the Palitoy logo is bigger or smaller.

Take a closer look at both of your pictures, the logo's are the same size and Jon is indeed correct that they're A backs. Here's a B card back but it does look like you're right about the Tm being only on the A back.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/star-wars-Lando-Calrissian-Palitoy-30-card-back-/282752151112?nma=true&si=0uD2WF1rP1P7gTUY9WmWg3ZfnQ4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Ian

Davaider

Padawan
Ok when I looked at the picture (the poor 1 ) it looked like it didn't have the Tm in.

Ok let's get down to the real nitty gritty :mrgreen:

As we are talking about Tm's...
Only 7 Characters next to the "S" Of "Wars have there TM in white all the rest in Black
AT At Driver
Boba Fett
Lando
Ugnaught
Leia Hoth (pushed out to the right )
Fx 7
Yoda

Palifan

Sith Lord
Davaider said:
Ok when I looked at the picture (the poor 1 ) it looked like it didn't have the Tm in.

Ok let's get down to the real nitty gritty :mrgreen:

As we are talking about Tm's...
Only 7 Characters next to the "S" Of "Wars have there TM in white all the rest in Black
AT At Driver
Boba Fett
Lando
Ugnaught
Leia Hoth (pushed out to the right )
Fx 7
Yoda

I can only think that this is because of the darker backgrounds that they decided to put them in white. It makes sense to make the Tm as noticeable as possible.

Ian

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Dav trust me both pics r of 30A card Landos! Forget the TM bit in the K-which is there on both actually just a lot harder to see in the much poorer picture but both Palitoy logos r the same size in proportion to each picture :!: Look closely, u will c it.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Hey Ian, unfortunately I don't have an A & a B example of the same character MOC. I do have some B card backs. Will get them out when I pop to my folks later today.

Have also managed to get back a couple of 30B examples of what I let go early this year, Leia Hoth, 2-1B and I still have my 30B LXW so will get up pics of all the B card backs and MOCs I have.

Davaider

Padawan
palitoyjunky said:
Dav trust me both pics r of 30A card Landos! Forget the TM bit in the K-which is there on both actually just a lot harder to see in the much poorer picture but both Palitoy logos r the same size in proportion to each picture :!: Look closely, u will c it.

Yeah I said a couple of paragraphs ago admitting it.........."Ok when I looked at the picture (the poor 1 ) it looked like it didn't have the Tm in."

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Soz pal over looked that bit. Anyway here r the Bs
1F39F128-D765-43D0-A63C-79E800AC913C.jpeg

Attachments

• A8CE0413-29F7-4C71-878D-E768C4EA000A.jpeg
    A8CE0413-29F7-4C71-878D-E768C4EA000A.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 336
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom