Fake Rebel Hoth Trooper Rifle ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi guys I got a little lot, but it is not a childhood lot this time. One weapon in the lot confuse me and I fear that it maybe could be repro. With all this new repro around then I hope some of you guys can ID what it is ???

I have compared it with one of my own that looked a lot like it. The one from my collection is the one in the bottom, the one that confuse me is in the one in the top of the 2 first pictures and on picture 3 and 4 better pictures of the one that confuse me.

It floats in water, it is dirty and it feels and looks the same as the other one that I have. But the square in the middle of the rifle just over the hand grip that you can see on picture 4 is not really split with a line, it is not deep like on the originals that I have :?

If you look at all the ones in the tig guide then all have a deep line, this one does not have a deep line.

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/rifles

P1150710.JPG

P1150711.JPG

P1150712.JPG

P1150714.JPG

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Regardless I would say you are ok. The top one looks like a variant 3 from the TIG site in dull black finish. The bottom one looks like variant 2, again in the dull black finish. They both have EPM marks and I haven't seen a Repro with one of those yet.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Hi Lars, it looks like the one in pictures 3 and 4 is the top one in picture 1, which you refer to as the one from your collection. Can you clarify for me.

You are correct I made a mistake with top and bottom I have changed that now in the first post :oops:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Regardless I would say you are ok. The top one looks like a variant 3 from the TIG site in dull black finish. The bottom one looks like variant 2, again in the dull black finish. They both have EPM marks and I haven't seen a Repro with one of those yet.

Thanks but there is a deep line over the hand grip on V 2 and V 3 on tig, there is no deep line on the one I have that is what confuse me :? so could it be a variant that is not i the tig guide ? a good repro ? or a production error ? :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom