s-l500 (6).jpg

s-l500 (5).jpg

s-l500 (4).jpg

s-l500 (3).jpg

s-l500 (2).jpg

s-l500 (1).jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
That looks to be hand cut to me Lars, also the inside of the cape looks shiny. Again they're not the best pictures and the colour and length looks to be good but I get the feeling it's not right.

I'll take another look at work on a bigger computer and let you know if I change my mind but let's see what others think as well.

Ian

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I agree with Ian, looks off to me.

Colour doesn't look quite right, although the arm holes look good, very tight but some edges look very rough.

Need better pics before confirming though.

Palifan

Sith Lord
looking again at it I'm still thinking it's repro due to the rough edges and it does look to shiny on the inside looking at the second picture. If it was me and these pictures were all I had to go off of I'd pass on it, I'm doubting there's any texture to it on one side as well.

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
looking again at it I'm still thinking it's repro due to the rough edges and it does look to shiny on the inside looking at the second picture. If it was me and these pictures were all I had to go off of I'd pass on it, I'm doubting there's any texture to it on one side as well.

Ian

Hi Ian, seller told me that the cape makes the zip sound does that change anything is that good for the vinyl cape jawa ? :?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Hi Ian, seller told me that the cape makes the zip sound does that change anything is that good for the vinyl cape jawa ? :?

The zipping sound is a good sign and should just be on one side. It's so hard to tell from the pictures, the size does look good but then as it isn't clean cut with what looks like some bits left around some of the edges it does put doubt into my mind.....the only ones I've ever seen are clean cut (as are all the original capes). Maybe this is a bit of a one off but unless the seller can provide some sharper pictures of the cape (would love to see some of the texture on one side of it), made the arm holes ect, it's to hard to call at this point.

Do you know and trust the seller? Do they have stellar feedback as a seller? If these are Yes's then it might help.

Maybe send the seller this link from another thread on here and ask if it's got the same texture as the close up pictures of the Jaws cape - https://www.ebay.de/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-80er-Figuren/162797279202

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

The zipping sound is a good sign and should just be on one side. It's so hard to tell from the pictures, the size does look good but then as it isn't clean cut with what looks like some bits left around some of the edges it does put doubt into my mind.....the only ones I've ever seen are clean cut (as are all the original capes). Maybe this is a bit of a one off but unless the seller can provide some sharper pictures of the cape (would love to see some of the texture on one side of it), made the arm holes ect, it's to hard to call at this point.

Do you know and trust the seller? Do they have stellar feedback as a seller? If these are Yes's then it might help.

Maybe send the seller this link from another thread on here and ask if it's got the same texture as the close up pictures of the Jaws cape - https://www.ebay.de/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-80er-Figuren/162797279202

Ian

Hi Ian, I do not know the seller, I have not bought from him before, but he have nearly 2000 positive feedback and offers full return if there is any problems with it, I will mail him the link :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ok I pm him a picture of the cape from the other auction and I asked if the cape he have has the same texture. He write this back to me

hi
yes don't worry i's an 100% original model , as says in the announce , looks like your photo texture is particular
i('s a hard to find model in very good condition
see my profile 100% ++
best regards

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Ok I pm him a picture of the cape from the other auction and I asked if the cape he have has the same texture. He write this back to me

hi
yes don't worry i's an 100% original model , as says in the announce , looks like your photo texture is particular
see my profile 100% ++
best regards

Ok Lars, I've looked through all I can find and if you feel the seller is honest and you'll know for sure when it's in hand if it's real then maybe go for it if the price is right. The seller has offered to refund if there's any problem and as long as you know there's no way they can go back on their word then you should be covered.

As mentioned before the colour and shape does look to be good to me, also the coo is good on the figure (aussiejames says "all VC Jawas (US & Toltoys) have the 'H' of Hong Kong closer to the foot than the copyright symbol"). The only thing that slightly puts me off is the way the cape has been cut and also that it looks a bit shiny on the inside. This could well be lighting, the camera flash or something else causing this appearance but as long as you're cover financially then you should be good.

Let me know what happens and I'm happy to have a look at it again if you do get it (as I'm sure several others on here will be. I'm surprised James hasn't spoken up on this thread but maybe he's missed this post, it's always better to have safety in numbers but if it's going for a fair price then I can see why you may feel the need to move quickly on it. The last VCJ I sold was an AFA 85 one several years ago for 450 GBP and it's a shame it didn't go to you at the time as I know it would have been in good hands.

Best of luck with it and go with your gut on this one.

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:

hi
see my profile 100% ++
best regards

Ok Lars, I've looked through all I can find and if you feel the seller is honest and you'll know for sure when it's in hand if it's real then maybe go for it if the price is right. The seller has offered to refund if there's any problem and as long as you know there's no way they can go back on their word then you should be covered.

As mentioned before the colour and shape does look to be good to me, also the coo is good on the figure (aussiejames says "all VC Jawas (US & Toltoys) have the 'H' of Hong Kong closer to the foot than the copyright symbol"). The only thing that slightly puts me off is the way the cape has been cut and also that it looks a bit shiny on the inside. This could well be lighting, the camera flash or something else causing this appearance but as long as you're cover financially then you should be good.

Let me know what happens and I'm happy to have a look at it again if you do get it (as I'm sure several others on here will be. I'm surprised James hasn't spoken up on this thread but maybe he's missed this post, it's always better to have safety in numbers but if it's going for a fair price then I can see why you may feel the need to move quickly on it. The last VCJ I sold was an AFA 85 one several years ago for 450 GBP and it's a shame it didn't go to you at the time as I know it would have been in good hands.

Best of luck with it and go with your gut on this one.

Ian

Thanks Ian, but I did not get it, it got to expensive for me as always :roll: maybe next time I get more lucky :?

and thanks about the last vcj you sold :D £450 was a great price. It must have been years since you sold that one ? :D Yes it would have been in great hands with me. But maybe it is also in great hands with the new owner :wink:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Shame you didn't get this one Lars, I would have been very intrested in the outcome.
Better luck next time, these are well out of me price range now, maybe could have stretched to £450 if that one was still for sale! :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Shame you didn't get this one Lars, I would have been very intrested in the outcome.
Better luck next time, these are well out of me price range now, maybe could have stretched to £450 if that one was still for sale! :wink:

Yes it was a shame, but the price was great and some guy was maybe lucky, But it was to much for me at the moment :(

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I suspect that this next suggestion may make a few eye brows raise, but had you considered a "graded"VCJ?
I know that they carry a premium, but at least it should be guaranteed genuine!?!
It's just a suggestion... :?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks Ian, but I did not get it, it got to expensive for me as always :roll: maybe next time I get more lucky :?

and thanks about the last vcj you sold :D £450 was a great price. It must have been years since you sold that one ? :D Yes it would have been in great hands with me. But maybe it is also in great hands with the new owner :wink:[/quote]

Never mind Lars, I'm sure another will present itself at the right time for you and it's hard to know if it was 100% legit from the pictures.

At the time I sold my last one the asking price was around what I received for it although as it was AFA these were going for a little more than the UKG ones. I sold two of these (both AFA 85) around the same time and the first one I let go for around £300 (or maybe £260, I can't remember now). It was in with a deal for the first 12 back Kenner mocs all for around £2500 (that complete 12 back Kenner set with large head Han was really hard to sell at that price). I looked on eBay after I sold the VCJ and noticed the price had gone up so lost out on it a bit. Thinking about it I also sold a third which was also AFA 85 but the seller had opened it to display. That one I got around £300 for and the buyer wasn't totally happy with it as they thought it looked more like an 80. I've had both AFA 85 and UKG 85 and can say that the UKG ones are always in better condition than the AFA ones so I think it would have graded at 85 with AFA (and I know that it did come out of the opened case I was sent). All this happened around mid 2010 and the two AFA 85 ones I originally bought were purchased in April 2007 for £250 each, which was the going rate for these for ages, shows you how times have changed for this little fellow.

Those original VCJ's are the one thing that I wish I'd kept hold of and actually ended up buying some more that were UKG. It didn't cost me any more than I sold mine for although they were UKG which does make a difference to some (even though as I said the condition is way better than the AFA ones). My best buy though was a loose one I bought in 2010 which is perfect except for a tiny 3mm cut to the bottom of the cape around the back which cost me £77 , result!

Ian

wrighty

Sith Lord
This looks like a good price for the current market if genuine, small tear around one of the arm holes.Good luck in the hunt!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 06.06.44.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 06.06.44.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 609

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:

and thanks about the last vcj you sold :D £450 was a great price. It must have been years since you sold that one ? :D Yes it would have been in great hands with me. But maybe it is also in great hands with the new owner :wink:

Never mind Lars, I'm sure another will present itself at the right time for you and it's hard to know if it was 100% legit from the pictures.

At the time I sold my last one the asking price was around what I received for it although as it was AFA these were going for a little more than the UKG ones. I sold two of these (both AFA 85) around the same time and the first one I let go for around £300 (or maybe £260, I can't remember now). It was in with a deal for the first 12 back Kenner mocs all for around £2500 (that complete 12 back Kenner set with large head Han was really hard to sell at that price). I looked on eBay after I sold the VCJ and noticed the price had gone up so lost out on it a bit. Thinking about it I also sold a third which was also AFA 85 but the seller had opened it to display. That one I got around £300 for and the buyer wasn't totally happy with it as they thought it looked more like an 80. I've had both AFA 85 and UKG 85 and can say that the UKG ones are always in better condition than the AFA ones so I think it would have graded at 85 with AFA (and I know that it did come out of the opened case I was sent). All this happened around mid 2010 and the two AFA 85 ones I originally bought were purchased in April 2007 for £250 each, which was the going rate for these for ages, shows you how times have changed for this little fellow.

Those original VCJ's are the one thing that I wish I'd kept hold of and actually ended up buying some more that were UKG. It didn't cost me any more than I sold mine for although they were UKG which does make a difference to some (even though as I said the condition is way better than the AFA ones). My best buy though was a loose one I bought in 2010 which is perfect except for a tiny 3mm cut to the bottom of the cape around the back which cost me £77 , result!

Ian[/quote]

Hi Ian, he got some pictures for that I did not see before the auction end :roll: I got them very late. Did it look real ? I can see there is a hole in it on the picture and he did not write that on the auction :roll: maybe the winner will have the money back so I get a second chance with a lower price :D

Thanks for the great story about you vinyl capes :D 2007 and 2010 was a long time ago and the prices was as you say very different :)

s-l1600.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
wrighty said:
This looks like a good price for the current market if genuine, small tear around one of the arm holes.Good luck in the hunt!!

Thanks, that is to much for me at the moment and I will have to pay a lot of taxes if it is outside EU :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom