Fairs/Shops in Scotland

GilleRuadh

Hi folks. I got back into collecting the vintage figures again after TFA came out and I'm really enjoying it. Trouble is, after a 10 year break, the usual places I'd look to find figures in Glasgow have either moved on or simply stopped selling Star Wars stuff.

Can anyone recommend any decent fairs or shops in Scotland? I've tried a couple of generic collectors fairs and not found very much at all.

I see there's a few good fairs down in England but I can't really see myself having the chance to make it down there any time soon. It'd be great to find somewhere in Scotland. Right now I'm relying soley on eBay and the prices can be a bit ludicrous.

Cheers in advance folks.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
I've not found any since I been here mate. I live in the highlands but frequent Glasgow a fair bit. There is a retro toy shop up in Aberdeen (can't remember the name) that I bought some stuff from at the sci-fi comic con in Fort William but I've never been to their actual store.

yoda

Sith Lord
I think there's a thread somewhere showing vintage selling shops in different areas. Not sure which topic it's under though unless someone else can remember.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
There's a fair in Falkirk the first Sunday of every month in Grahams High School. It is usualy mostly train set stuff and die cast models but sometimes you find some Star Wars items. There is a vintage toy shop in Callendar but I haven't been in it yet.

Gogsfett

Padawan
Hello, there isn't a lot in Scotland to be honest mate. I was at the toy shop 'Hami!ton toy museum' just before it closed for winter in October. He had bought a large collection from someone and I was keen to see what he had in. Had a decent amount of vintage but not many complete. Had quite a few first 12, (jawa. R2d2, Han Solo,Chewie, boba fett,but prices a wee bit high. Some ships as well Y Wing fighter was one that they had. I had picked up in saying that a PBP walrus man earlier this year for £8 so worth a look. Have not been to the toy fair in faikirk for a good while, but yeah mostly train's and car's. You did used to see a few Star war's items there but few and far between. Before Falkirk the toy fair used to be in my home town of Bo' ness, talking around 20 years ago and picked up some great stuff there, remember getting a boxed speeder bike sealed for £12,! many loose figures etc. Not many other places in Scotland. Was a shop Pippin toys in Glasgow that shut around 6 months ago and a few in Edinburgh over the years that have steadily closed. The toy museum is back open in April and worth a look. Hope this helps. Cheers Gordy.

GilleRuadh

Hi folks, thanks for your advice. I'll try some the places recommended but it looks like it's as I feared, few and far between up here.

Tomasfuria

Youngling
Hi

I always find vintage figures at Blochairn car boot sale. I found quite a lot . Last time I bought a bunch of random figures in a plastic bag and there were han solo original, luke pilot, klatoo and bib fortuna. Just paid 2 bucks for it

Tomasfuria

Youngling
My last find was last Saturday. In Cumbernauld, one of the charity shops. Couldn´t believe my eyes when I saw it..But Could not believe my ears when I asked for the price:....50P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG-20180505-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20180505-WA0006.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 802

wrighty

Sith Lord
I think you will find collectors mentality has changed in the last 10 years, for the better or worst, you decide? Also collecting has gone global with internet, so look at ebay, facebook, forum etc. I have yet to but anything from a shop in the last 6 years since I got back into collecting. Most important bit is for you to enjoy it, once you start loosing sleep over an item, it's time to take a step back. 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom