Historical view on collecting in UK

choffialoopa

Padawan
Hey Guys

In my recent two weeks as padawan collector I have found that so much goes on in the UK, but outside of that it is like the jundland wastes. Desolate and barren. My starwarstracker can barely find anything in Germany/Sweden/Denmark from the past year.

Only Spain and France have some slight activity.

Any storytelling as to why UK became the "go to" place for collectors? it is like 90% or more of any ebay activity in Europe.
Of course there is United states but that is kinda too far to start my collection of relics.

I feel like I am the furthest away from the bright center of the universe.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Maybe there was sold more in usa and in the uk. Or maybe they use other places to sell in some of the other countries in europe that we do not know about :?

I live in denmark and I remember that there was a lot of star wars toy in the shops when I was a kid in the 80s. But today it is hard to find star wars toy for sale in my country. I find a few childhood lots each year in denmark and then I trade with a few collectors in denmark. There is also a few other collectors or sellers in denmark who is selling star wars but most of them is to expensive :?

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
In the UK common figures and Last 17 aren't to hard to come by but usually for a large price. Play sets on the other hand some are cheaper to buy in the US for example the Kenner Death Star. I purchased that a couple of years ago and it was cheaper for me to buy it in the USA even with import charges and postage then buying it in the UK.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom