Trilogo / light Fett 'foot peg holes'

subzero

Sith Lord
Iv'e got 5 light Fett's, 4 PBP and 1 Tri, which are all 5 of the known main paint variations and I have a question about the foot peg holes on them all.

When I got my first light Fett I noticed the foot pegs on my stands didn't fit as the holes seemed too big, so I thought fair enough it's probably just quite worn down and as the limbs were also a bit loose and with general wear on the figure this seemed a logical explanation. I got the 2nd figure and had the same thing again, limbs were also loose so I passed that off as just worn holes again, but all 5 of these figures I have are are like this.

Iv'e just received my 5th PBP Fett the other day and it's in MINT unused condition, iv'e noticed the hole on the left foot does not fit the peg, but the right one does just about. And on closer inspection the hexagon shape inside the hole on the foot that doesn't fit is very clearly deeper down compared to the hexagon shape on the other foot.

It's got me curious, I have like 50 other figures and every single one is a snug fit on the foot pegs apart from these Fett's, anybody on here with knowledge of why this seems to be the case for these light Fett's?, Is this a PBP thing?

apack7229

Sith Lord
I only have 3 euro Fetts so cant really say for sure on those but I do have a lot of hk's and some of them have the same issue. Some don't even have the hex in the hole. Pretty sure it's just how the factory molded the limbs.

subzero

Sith Lord
apack7229 said:
I only have 3 euro Fetts so cant really say for sure on those but I do have a lot of hk's and some of them have the same issue. Some don't even have the hex in the hole. Pretty sure it's just how the factory molded the limbs.

Thanks for that, actually now you've said that i'm pretty sure one of my PBB Fett's doesn't have the hex shape either, I forgot about that.

Iv'e had several regular Fett's before too but all the holes were fine, but it's handy to know some regular ones also have this weird feature. Strange how this only seems to be a Fett thing though. :?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes, I can confirm my PBP and Tri-logo Fetts do seem to have very loose foot pegs holes compared to most other vintage figures. Like yours, the left foot peg hole is as good as useless. The right one's not much better, but is just about usable. The good news is that if you leave your Fetts on their stands, the figures tend to stick to them over time (or at least they do with my 'Earth' stands - http://www.theearthtoymall.com/acfigstan.html which are very good... and no, I'm not on commission!), meaning the figures become much less likely to topple:

Fetts 01.jpg

Fetts 02.jpg

Of course if you remove the stands to inspect the foot peg holes, like I have just done, you will have to wait for them to stick once again :)

I'm sure there must be other action figure stands available which have slightly larger pegs, but if you don't want to buy any or can't wait for your figures to stick to their existing stands, you could always go the blu-tack route and insert a small ball of it into the peg hole, as that definitely works! ;-)

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

subzero

Sith Lord
Thanks for the info, yours are exactly like mine then, so it seems like it's possible every light Fett made is like it.

Thanks for the tips, but yes iv'e already actually done the blu-tac over the pegs so they fit and it works perfectly. Iv'e also noticed the light Fett's can't hold a blaster for **** lol so iv'e also had to use blu-tac to also keep the blaster in the hands of 4 out of the 5 I have, even on the mint figure.

Luckily though blue-tac is the exact spot on same colour as the light blue/grey.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes, I do have to wonder sometimes how Kenner managed to make so many figures that have trouble holding their weapons. You'd think it was pretty basic stuff, but apparently not! Thank goodness for blu-tack! :-D

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Good tip for hands that dont hold blasters is to dip them in a cup of boiling water for a few seconds then close the hand slightly and then run them under a cold tap to fix them. Works a treat.

subzero

Sith Lord
Dannywhiteley said:
Good tip for hands that dont hold blasters is to dip them in a cup of boiling water for a few seconds then close the hand slightly and then run them under a cold tap to fix them. Works a treat.

Ahh never thought of that, iv'e done it before with other vintage plastic toys like legs and weapons, it really does reset the plastic.

I might do this in future with the Fett's.

hellhippie

Jedi Master
I have the same issue with all my pbp fetts . I also use the metal stands that have a wrap around feature to hold them up along with the gray erth stands

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom