• Klaatu (Skiff Guard Outfit)

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Stormtrooper

Votes: 47 78.3%
  • Imperial Commander

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • AT-AT Commander

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise)

Votes: 38 63.3%
  • 8D8

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • White Bespin Security Guard

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Welcome back to the Forum Figure of the Year for 2018. Last year saw Princess Leia storm to victory after emotions ran high after Carrie Fisher's death. Can she defend her crown??? All previous winners when defending their title have exited in the first round, can Leia break that cycle??? Time will tell.

FORMER CHAMPIONS

2017 - Princess Leia Organa
2016 - Emperor's Royal Guard
2015 - Boba Fett
2014 - Stormtrooper

In these opening rounds please select your THREE favourites from each group, at the end of the voting, the top two from each group will advance to the 2nd round where straight knockout begins.

Here in Group A for this year sees the first ever Champion Stormtrooper line up, victorious in 2014 he fell at the group stage in 2015 to the eventual winner Boba Fett. In 2016 he looked better again but fell to Han Solo in Hoth outfit in the third round, whilst last year Boba Fett was his downfall once again as he defeated him once again in the third round.

Looking at this opening group it should be pretty straightforward for the Stormtrooper to progress. He is joined by Klaatu Skiff who has failed to advance out of the group stage on all four previous outings, Same can be said for 8D8 and White Bespin Security Guard who have suffered the same fate, this is in fact the third year running that 8D8 and WBG have been drawn in the same group. AT-AT Commander has always picked up more votes than these previous figures but has also always failed to get out of the opening group stage. Imperial Commander can't say he's done much better with only one previous time he moved past the group stage, in 2015 he topped a group which included AT-ST Driver, Romba and Klaatu Skiff.

Lando Skiff, the final figure in this group, will look at these stats and probably fancy himself to advance alongside Stormtrooper. In 2017 he topped his group, before narrowly being beaten 34-31 against the Imperial Gunner. He also progressed out of the group in 2016 where he was soundly beaten by AT-AT Driver. In 2015 he failed to climb out of the group, in fact finishing bottom, but in 2014 he was a second round casualty once again. A figure that has the ability to progress from group situations but as yet hasn't won a one on one head to head.

Which figures progress is down to you.

PLEASE SELECT YOUR THREE FAVOURITE FIGURES FROM THIS GROUP

VOTING WILL CLOSE WEDNESDAY 3RD JANUARY AT 1.30pm.

There will be three groups up at some point today but I'm in and out so may be time lapses between them appearing so be sure to check back later for the others.

Group A.png

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Lando Skiff for me...
removable hat/disguise
brilliant face sculpt
One of my top 10 all time figures right there 8)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I'll be boring again and go for the Stormtrooper although I nearly went with Lando Skiff as he was my first Jedi era figure.

I can remember it like yesterday as vader was doing an appearance at the CO OP Normid HyperMarket in Talke, the shelves were rammed with the new Jedi figures that no one had seen before. I only picked Lando because he'd got the removable helmet - that was a new feature!

I also recall my turn in the queue to get my signature from The Dark Lord himself and getting the unmistakable scent of profuse sweating - it was the middle of the sumer holidays so no wonder! :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
No shocks in the opening group as 2014 champion Stormtrooper tops the group comfortably and Lando Skiff casually strolls through in second spot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom