Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:30 pm

updated with Die Cast Imperial Cruiser, see the link viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35898

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:39 am

updated with Amanaman viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35918

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Post one have been updated with a link for Jann Tosh :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Imperial Attack Base is added with link in post one :wink:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:35 am

12" See-Threepio (C-3PO) Action Figure is added in the first post of this thread with link :wink:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:25 am

Die Cast landspeeder have been added with link in post 1 :wink:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Death Star Playset added to the first post with link :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:38 am

chief chirpa have been added to first post :wink:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:51 am

Link to lobot have been added in post 1 :wink:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Hoth ion canon have been added with link in post 1 :wink:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:27 pm

Rebel Armoured Snowspeeder have been added in the 1st post :wink:

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:Hi guys, I have thought a lot about doing this. Star Wars Toy of the Week, where I will choose a figure, playset or a vehicle each week where all members on the forum can join and share pictures of this item each week with the rest of us on this fantastic forum.

I have also thought about that maybe some or all weeks I will choose more than one item or else it would take years, but then again would it be wrong to use years on this. Would it go to fast if I choose more than one item each week ? let me know what you think ? :D

My thought is that this thread will be used as a master list and the items that is writen in red is items that have not been shared yet.
The items writen in green have been shared and I will add info about which week and year it have been shared and with a link to the weekly thread that I will create each week.

Let me know if I have missed anything that you think could be cool to add and share pictures of in a week in the future ? :D

Oh and maybe some think where the fuck is blue snaggletooth, I thought that he would be displayed with the Cantina Adventure Set.

I will choose the first item later today, I hope a lot of you will join and share pictures of your items with the rest of us :D It is
ok to share pictures with the rest us if you only have one vehicle or one figure or if you have 20 figures, 10 boxes or 5 moc of the same character or 10 baggies :wink:


Hi Lars,

Apologies if this is in hand (and if it's not, apologies for adding to your workload!), but your master list on page 1 is missing numerous Palitoy versions of toys which are significantly different to their Kenner counterparts. All of the following not only have different boxes to the Kenner versions, but are also materially different toys:

Palitoy Land Speeder
Palitoy Land of the Jawas
Palitoy Cantina
Palitoy Droid Factory
Palitoy X-Wing Fighter (Star Wars)
Palitoy X-Wing Fighter (Empire Strikes Back)
Palitoy Battle-Damaged X-Wing Fighter (Empire Strikes Back)

Also, whilst you do have an entry for the Palitoy Death Star, you have hyperlinked it in error to the Kenner Death Star Space Station Toy of the Week thread (http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =1&t=36112), so please could you correct this?

Many thanks indeed for all your hard work and ongoing efforts to maintain this terrific feature of the Forum. I know lots of members, including me, really enjoy it and look forward to seeing what each new entry will be and whether we can contribute to it :-)

Jeremy

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:Hi guys, I have thought a lot about doing this. Star Wars Toy of the Week, where I will choose a figure, playset or a vehicle each week where all members on the forum can join and share pictures of this item each week with the rest of us on this fantastic forum.

I have also thought about that maybe some or all weeks I will choose more than one item or else it would take years, but then again would it be wrong to use years on this. Would it go to fast if I choose more than one item each week ? let me know what you think ? :D

My thought is that this thread will be used as a master list and the items that is writen in red is items that have not been shared yet.
The items writen in green have been shared and I will add info about which week and year it have been shared and with a link to the weekly thread that I will create each week.

Let me know if I have missed anything that you think could be cool to add and share pictures of in a week in the future ? :D

Oh and maybe some think where the fuck is blue snaggletooth, I thought that he would be displayed with the Cantina Adventure Set.

I will choose the first item later today, I hope a lot of you will join and share pictures of your items with the rest of us :D It is
ok to share pictures with the rest us if you only have one vehicle or one figure or if you have 20 figures, 10 boxes or 5 moc of the same character or 10 baggies :wink:


Hi Lars,

Apologies if this is in hand (and if it's not, apologies for adding to your workload!), but your master list on page 1 is missing numerous Palitoy versions of toys which are significantly different to their Kenner counterparts. All of the following not only have different boxes to the Kenner versions, but are also materially different toys:

Palitoy Land Speeder
Palitoy Land of the Jawas
Palitoy Cantina
Palitoy Droid Factory
Palitoy X-Wing Fighter (Star Wars)
Palitoy X-Wing Fighter (Empire Strikes Back)
Palitoy Battle-Damaged X-Wing Fighter (Empire Strikes Back)

Also, whilst you do have an entry for the Palitoy Death Star, you have hyperlinked it in error to the Kenner Death Star Space Station Toy of the Week thread (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36112), so please could you correct this?

Many thanks indeed for all your hard work and ongoing efforts to maintain this terrific feature of the Forum. I know lots of members, including me, really enjoy it and look forward to seeing what each new entry will be and whether we can contribute to it :-)

Jeremy


Hi Jeremy,

My thought was that palitoy items can be uploaded in the threads for the same ones as the kenner etc. etc. So if members have a kenner, palitoy, toltoys, harbert etc. etc. landspeeder, then they can upload them all in the same landspeeder thread. I have only split up the death star thread because they did not use the same name and there is a huge difference between them. But I can see I have made a mistake, Death Star Space Station is the kenner and Death Star is the palitoy so I will change this links :oops:

But when we get to the

Palitoy Land Speeder
Palitoy Land of the Jawas
Palitoy Cantina
Palitoy Droid Factory
Palitoy X-Wing Fighter (Star Wars)
Palitoy X-Wing Fighter (Empire Strikes Back)
Palitoy Battle-Damaged X-Wing Fighter (Empire Strikes Back)

then I hope people will point out the detalis.

There is also other vehicles that is different, the glasslite tie fighters and x-wing etc. etc.

and thanks for the help and the kind words :D

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:38 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:Hi Jeremy,

My thought was that palitoy items can be uploaded in the threads for the same ones as the kenner etc. etc. So if members have a kenner, palitoy, toltoys, harbert etc. etc. landspeeder, then they can upload them all in the same landspeeder thread. I have only split up the death star thread because they did not use the same name and there is a huge difference between them. But I can see I have made a mistake, Death Star Space Station is the kenner and Death Star is the palitoy so I will change this links :oops:

But when we get to the

Palitoy Land Speeder
Palitoy Land of the Jawas
Palitoy Cantina
Palitoy Droid Factory
Palitoy X-Wing Fighter (Star Wars)
Palitoy X-Wing Fighter (Empire Strikes Back)
Palitoy Battle-Damaged X-Wing Fighter (Empire Strikes Back)

then I hope people will point out the detalis.

There is also other vehicles that is different, the glasslite tie fighters and x-wing etc. etc.

and thanks for the help and the kind words :D

OK Lars, fair enough. When we do get to each of those items, perhaps it might be worth making it clear in the first post of their Toy of the Week thread, that all versions of the toy are covered by the one thread. This might be especially useful for the Kenner 'Creature Cantina', as the Palitoy version is simply called 'Cantina', so with different names it might not be obvious that the one thread covers both toys (which to be fair, are actually very different. The boxes are absolutely nothing alike, and the toys are only superficially similar. And the same is true for the Kenner and Palitoy versions of the Droid Factory and the Land of the Jawas; they really are very different).

Thanks :-)

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:26 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:Hi Jeremy,

My thought was that palitoy items can be uploaded in the threads for the same ones as the kenner etc. etc. So if members have a kenner, palitoy, toltoys, harbert etc. etc. landspeeder, then they can upload them all in the same landspeeder thread. I have only split up the death star thread because they did not use the same name and there is a huge difference between them. But I can see I have made a mistake, Death Star Space Station is the kenner and Death Star is the palitoy so I will change this links :oops:

But when we get to the

Palitoy Land Speeder
Palitoy Land of the Jawas
Palitoy Cantina
Palitoy Droid Factory
Palitoy X-Wing Fighter (Star Wars)
Palitoy X-Wing Fighter (Empire Strikes Back)
Palitoy Battle-Damaged X-Wing Fighter (Empire Strikes Back)

then I hope people will point out the detalis.

There is also other vehicles that is different, the glasslite tie fighters and x-wing etc. etc.

and thanks for the help and the kind words :D

OK Lars, fair enough. When we do get to each of those items, perhaps it might be worth making it clear in the first post of their Toy of the Week thread, that all versions of the toy are covered by the one thread. This might be especially useful for the Kenner 'Creature Cantina', as the Palitoy version is simply called 'Cantina', so with different names it might not be obvious that the one thread covers both toys (which to be fair, are actually very different. The boxes are absolutely nothing alike, and the toys are only superficially similar. And the same is true for the Kenner and Palitoy versions of the Droid Factory and the Land of the Jawas; they really are very different).

Thanks :-)


Thanks I did not know that, I do not have the palitoy land speeder, land of the jawas, cantina and Droid Factory. I have the x-wings I know there is some difference on them but I was thinking x-wing thread would be for all x-wings minus the battle damaged and then I would make a battle damaged x-wing thread for all battle damaged x-wings.

But you have given me something to think about, so I will think about what to do :D


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests