Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9472
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:27 pm

link for lumat added in post 1 :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9472
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:21 pm

kea moll added with link in post 1 :wink:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9472
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:40 pm

ast-5 added with link in post 1 :wink:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9472
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Post 1 updated with link for the emperor :wink:

User avatar
olisuds
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:46 am
Location: U.K.

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby olisuds » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 am

A nice idea and these types of threads are always enjoyable to read, not to mention good for reference. Just a suggestion though - might make it easier if the subject line / title of each post had the actual toy name so that you know what you are clicking on when you see a new post.

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9472
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:19 pm

olisuds wrote:A nice idea and these types of threads are always enjoyable to read, not to mention good for reference. Just a suggestion though - might make it easier if the subject line / title of each post had the actual toy name so that you know what you are clicking on when you see a new post.


Thanks mate for the kind words and you are welcome to join and also add pictures of your items in all the old threads if you have any of the items :wink:

Sounds like a good idea, It will take some time to change it. But I will do it when I can find the time for it, but I will do it on the new threads this week :wink:

User avatar
Dr_Ball_MD
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: Sutton, Surrey

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Dr_Ball_MD » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:50 pm

Personally I like the idea of not knowing what it is until I click into it every week.

I use the links in the first page of this thread if I want to find a certain item.

(ps. come on Zuckuss!!!)
My loose vintage collection: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24345

Zuckuss fockuss: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34291

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1732
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Mini99 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:16 pm

Dr_Ball_MD wrote:Personally I like the idea of not knowing what it is until I click into it every week.

I use the links in the first page of this thread if I want to find a certain item.

(ps. come on Zuckuss!!!)

Can see this from both points of view, but I too enjoy not knowing what the subject is this week until I click the link.
Part of the fun!

User avatar
Oracle
New User
New User
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Oracle » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:41 am

Mini99 wrote:Can see this from both points of view, but I too enjoy not knowing what the subject is this week until I click the link.
Part of the fun!


My sentiments exactly.... Please don't change the format... it's really great clicking that link and seeing the opening image and introduction to the toy that you have selected. Really appreciate the work you must put into this Lars and seeing everyone's contribution too.

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9472
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:23 pm

Dr_Ball_MD wrote:Personally I like the idea of not knowing what it is until I click into it every week.

I use the links in the first page of this thread if I want to find a certain item.

(ps. come on Zuckuss!!!)


Maybe I should wait and first add the toy name after I have started a new thread. So the new thread will never have a toy name until it is old :?

oh and zuckuss, yes he can be a good idea for maybe the next thread, I must admit I am trying to wait with some of the top figures, since I remember some members was sad about the power droid was one of the first figures I choose.

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9472
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Mini99 wrote:
Dr_Ball_MD wrote:Personally I like the idea of not knowing what it is until I click into it every week.

I use the links in the first page of this thread if I want to find a certain item.

(ps. come on Zuckuss!!!)

Can see this from both points of view, but I too enjoy not knowing what the subject is this week until I click the link.
Part of the fun!


I can wait with the toy name until the thread is 1 week old :?

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9472
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Oracle wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Can see this from both points of view, but I too enjoy not knowing what the subject is this week until I click the link.
Part of the fun!


My sentiments exactly.... Please don't change the format... it's really great clicking that link and seeing the opening image and introduction to the toy that you have selected. Really appreciate the work you must put into this Lars and seeing everyone's contribution too.


thanks :lol: I must admit it has not been perfect, I have not always had time to add my own items in the threads and many of them have been a little late. But I have more time now and room in my apartment after the constructors in my home are done :D

User avatar
theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4727
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby theforceuk » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Yes I’ve not had time on some threads to post. I don’t see why we can’t add to the previous weeks in the future. A lot of items I could have posted is packed away.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9472
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:15 pm

theforceuk wrote:Yes I’ve not had time on some threads to post. I don’t see why we can’t add to the previous weeks in the future. A lot of items I could have posted is packed away.


I agree everybody are welcome to add pictures in the old threads, even I have not had time to add my items in all of them :wink:

So sure you are welcome to add pictures and write as much as you want in the older threads, I am sure we all can't wait to see more pictures and writing in the old threads :wink: I think maybe we also get new members on the forum that will join this threads and they should also have the chance to add in the old threads :D


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests