Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2744
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby subzero » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:02 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote::lol:

DSCF8071_phixr.jpg

This one is a beater and a half and it's my first mini-rig, got it literally a couple of weeks back, it was randomly bundled in with a loose Han Carbonite figure I bought. I had zero interest in this mini-rig as usually I don't like them and I only wanted the Han figure, so put it up on top of the cabinet out the way while I figured out what to do with it and iv'e actually started liking it a little bit, plus it keeps the Rancor entertained :lol:


What about the B-Wing pilot is he also entertained ? :lol:


Haha i'd say the pilot is more terrified than entertained. :lol:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4690
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby lejackal » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:29 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
Sparky P wrote:I used to own this beauty before it was sold to that ScruffylookingNH that we all know and love :P


What a beauty, I love palitoy boxes. 8) do you know if there is other variants of MLC-3 palitoy boxes or was the ESB the only one they made ?

This used to be mine, Palitoy/Meccano ROTJ box with Woolworths 49p special buy sticker
Image
Image
"U grade for sale"
Translation: If it was legal my grandmother would be living on dialysis so that I could harvest and sell her kidneys.

Image

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10044
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:45 am

subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote::lol:

DSCF8071_phixr.jpg

This one is a beater and a half and it's my first mini-rig, got it literally a couple of weeks back, it was randomly bundled in with a loose Han Carbonite figure I bought. I had zero interest in this mini-rig as usually I don't like them and I only wanted the Han figure, so put it up on top of the cabinet out the way while I figured out what to do with it and iv'e actually started liking it a little bit, plus it keeps the Rancor entertained :lol:


What about the B-Wing pilot is he also entertained ? :lol:


Haha i'd say the pilot is more terrified than entertained. :lol:


:lol:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10044
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:48 am

lejackal wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Sparky P wrote:I used to own this beauty before it was sold to that ScruffylookingNH that we all know and love :P


What a beauty, I love palitoy boxes. 8) do you know if there is other variants of MLC-3 palitoy boxes or was the ESB the only one they made ?

This used to be mine, Palitoy/Meccano ROTJ box with Woolworths 49p special buy sticker
Image
Image


Nice one carl, thanks for the pictures, such a cool box you had 8) do you remember if the vehicle was a no coo with a scar ? :?

User avatar
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4690
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby lejackal » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:08 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
lejackal wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
What a beauty, I love palitoy boxes. 8) do you know if there is other variants of MLC-3 palitoy boxes or was the ESB the only one they made ?

This used to be mine, Palitoy/Meccano ROTJ box with Woolworths 49p special buy sticker
Image
Image


Nice one carl, thanks for the pictures, such a cool box you had 8) do you remember if the vehicle was a no coo with a scar ? :?

I don't, sorry :cry:
"U grade for sale"
Translation: If it was legal my grandmother would be living on dialysis so that I could harvest and sell her kidneys.

Image

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10044
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:55 am

lejackal wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
lejackal wrote:This used to be mine, Palitoy/Meccano ROTJ box with Woolworths 49p special buy sticker
Image
Image


Nice one carl, thanks for the pictures, such a cool box you had 8) do you remember if the vehicle was a no coo with a scar ? :?

I don't, sorry :cry:


No problem carl, I think the no coo with a scar was packed and sold it that box :D

User avatar
db94
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:23 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby db94 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:39 am

Great choice for week 1.
MLC-3 was my 1st mini and absolutely loved it. It was so cool it had to be belong to Han Solo so I decided it was his personal vehicle for his many adventures :D

The boxes just look fantastic on display
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My vintage/modern collection viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14191

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10044
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:45 pm

db94 wrote:Great choice for week 1.
MLC-3 was my 1st mini and absolutely loved it. It was so cool it had to be belong to Han Solo so I decided it was his personal vehicle for his many adventures :D

The boxes just look fantastic on display


Thanks for the great childhood story and the pictures, now I must also have a palitoy MLC-3, are both of the MLC-3 with Hong Kong coo ? :D

User avatar
Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2001
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:32 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Robstyley » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:46 pm

I had a few mini-rigs as a kid and have fond memories of them but didn't have this one and don't own one now. Still interesting to hear about it though. Quite a comical looking little machine with the bubble cockpit cover. Heavy firepower for it's size 8)

User avatar
apack7229
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 964
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby apack7229 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:23 pm

I love the mlc-3. IMO one of the nicer mini rigs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

retrotoyinfo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby retrotoyinfo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
retrotoyinfo wrote:Hi

A very cool toy. Here is mine. The box is in better condition than the vehicle. The box is the $1 rebate version.

Image

Image

Image


It looks so cool with that $1 rebate, what a cool item 8)


I am very fond of the mini rigs, although Kenner did seem not to know when to stop, they seemed to grow and grow in number. The MLC-3 was one of the initial three mini rigs launched in 1981 but the $1 rebate version was a 1982 re-issue with 5 mini rigs advertised on the back.

A great spin off was the bootleg Uzay mini rigs. The 1982 re-issue also featured the special offer sticker with rebel commander figure which has elevated the toys collectability.

I will be making a new post in January on my website www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk featuring all the mini rigs released by Kenner
www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk A blog on 1970s and 1980s toys

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10044
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:05 am

Robstyley wrote:I had a few mini-rigs as a kid and have fond memories of them but didn't have this one and don't own one now. Still interesting to hear about it though. Quite a comical looking little machine with the bubble cockpit cover. Heavy firepower for it's size 8)


You need to have one in your collection Rob :wink:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10044
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:05 am

apack7229 wrote:I love the mlc-3. IMO one of the nicer mini rigs.


Looking great, where is the glass ?

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10044
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 am

retrotoyinfo wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
retrotoyinfo wrote:Hi

A very cool toy. Here is mine. The box is in better condition than the vehicle. The box is the $1 rebate version.

Image

Image

Image


It looks so cool with that $1 rebate, what a cool item 8)


I am very fond of the mini rigs, although Kenner did seem not to know when to stop, they seemed to grow and grow in number. The MLC-3 was one of the initial three mini rigs launched in 1981 but the $1 rebate version was a 1982 re-issue with 5 mini rigs advertised on the back.

A great spin off was the bootleg Uzay mini rigs. The 1982 re-issue also featured the special offer sticker with rebel commander figure which has elevated the toys collectability.

I will be making a new post in January on my website http://www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk featuring all the mini rigs released by Kenner


Thanks for the info :D Yes with some items kenner did not know when to stop. I still think the special offer stickers on the boxes is cool 8)

User avatar
Plastikheld
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:45 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Plastikheld » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:46 am

Pomse2001 wrote:Do any of you have one with a scar in the coo ? :D

Looking for this one?

Image
http://www.condition10.de | Diary of a Star Wars Action-Figure Collector | Follow me on Image


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lejackal, Stuart Skinner and 12 guests