Boba Fett 'blue painted helmet'

subzero

Sith Lord
So this variant is pretty rare, and surprisingly there are a lot of collectors who still don't even know this one exists which I find fascinating, and even more fascinating I find is the complete mystery behind it and lack of any confirmed information on it whatsoever. There are only collectors theories behind why the helmet is painted blue underneath the other visor colours, such as the factory 'covering up a paint error'.. or 'preventing the red & black helmet colours from bleeding into the plastic'.

But all of these theories don't really make any sense, because if there was a paint error on the visor then the black & red paint layers would have easily covered up any paint error anyway considering that the black & red are very dark colours. And it seems there was never a factory error when iv'e looked at beaters for sale online, as the worn off paint around the visor and even underneath the blue paint does not show any other colours underneath.

Are there any other theories out there or confirmed info on this at all?.. it's a very mysterious variant with next to zero info on it online.

mold_vari_01.jpg

subzero

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol:

:cry: :lol:

I saw one on ebay a few days ago, maybe it is still for sale :wink:

Iv'e seen a real nice mint one recently that sold for £255 but passed on it as I had other figures to pay for.

There was also another recently in good condition but the finger tips were cut off, no others are on the market right now but i'm not in a rush tbh.

apack7229

Sith Lord
I've got 3 and 2 of them have a bit lighter blue than the other.

Attachments

• 3813F4DD-DAC7-4D73-9443-374BA06B58AC.jpeg
    3813F4DD-DAC7-4D73-9443-374BA06B58AC.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,271
  • 5A04466A-6483-4E28-9250-7D6E7BDFB12F.jpeg
    5A04466A-6483-4E28-9250-7D6E7BDFB12F.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,272
  • DD8D0896-5432-4F9B-A2B4-5EC97C5D0292.jpeg
    DD8D0896-5432-4F9B-A2B4-5EC97C5D0292.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,278

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:

I saw one on ebay a few days ago, maybe it is still for sale :wink:

Iv'e seen a real nice mint one recently that sold for £255 but passed on it as I had other figures to pay for.

There was also another recently in good condition but the finger tips were cut off, no others are on the market right now but i'm not in a rush tbh.

Ok, £255 sound like to much for me. I would think £120-£130 is the normal price today :?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Ah, this figure again.

They're not actually that rare in all honesty. If you know what you're looking for and you're lucky you can pick them up for the price of a regular Taiwan Fett. I would never pay top dollar for this figure. Shop around and search, one will turn up for next to no money.

There are so many variations of the paint application on this figure it's unbelievable. 3 main colour types, bright, mid and darker blue with all manner of examples of how the paint is applied to the helmet, full spray, half spray, lower front spray, lower half blah blah blah... I had 5 at one point, all for less than £35 each and I think I've found well over a dozen so far in total, and each one has been different save for 2!

The darker blue paint is quite hard to find though, as the paint is very closely matched to the plastic and difficult to see in photos in ebay listings.

subzero

Sith Lord
Yeah i'd like to be paying around no more than £200+ in mint condition, around £120+ in fair condition

I should have known you'd post a good handful of these apack :lol: .. I did read in another forum too that the lighter blue is the more common one, the darker blue is even rarer than the light blue.

subzero

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
Ah, this figure again.

They're not actually that rare in all honesty. If you know what you're looking for and you're lucky you can pick them up for the price of a regular Taiwan Fett. I would never pay top dollar for this figure. Shop around and search, one will turn up for next to no money.

There are so many variations of the paint application on this figure it's unbelievable. 3 main colour types, bright, mid and darker blue with all manner of examples of how the paint is applied to the helmet, full spray, half spray, lower front spray, lower half blah blah blah... I had 5 at one point, all for less than £35 each and I think I've found well over a dozen so far in total, and each one has been different save for 2!

The darker blue paint is quite hard to find though, as the paint is very closely matched to the plastic and difficult to see in photos in ebay listings.

Wow, so many variations, and after reading your advice I think i'll hold out now to try and get lucky in finding a cheap one.

This has given me optimism that i'll eventually find a good one, and for a decent price, thanks. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom