• Gamorrean Guard

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Squid Head

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
The final group which has 7 entrants, the rest after this point will have just 6.

Tough group this in my opinion. 2016 Champion, Emperors Royal Guard starts his campaign and with two former champions already topping their groups adds a little pressure to the ERG. Eliminated in the group stage in 2017 when trying to defend his title, he just couldn't clear his group as he finished 3rd behind Hoth Stormie and Vader. In the opening two competitions he had mixed competitions, 2014 saw a second round exit at the hands of Luke Jedi and in 2015 he also exited in the second round as he fell to the TIE Fighter Pilot. When you look at his performance in 14, 15 and 17 it makes it more of a surprise that in 2016 he stormed to victory.

If he's to make it through to the second round this year he's going to have to be on tip top form. Hammerhead will offer stiff competition, a second round exit to Vader in 2014, was followed by failure to clear the group stage in 2015 and 2016. He did however manage to reach the second round in 2017 but that's where his campaign ended as he came unstuck against Leia Boushh. Surely a first 21 figure should be advancing further than this???

Bossk will also be looking to put the pressure on in what is surely going to be a tight group. A second round exit to Luke bespin in 2017 followed group stage exits in all of the other three previous comps. Squid Head, a beautiful sculpted figure with great accessories will surely have a shout in this group. Squid has gotten out of the group in 2014, 2016 and 2017 but has always fallen in the first knockout stage.

Anakin Skywalker, everyone's favourite hunk of plastic will surely offer no threat in a group such as this, four group exits previously has seen him finish bottom of the group on all previous occasions, looks good odds for that to happen here again.

The final two figures could both fancy their chances though, Gamorrean Guard, great great figure, topped his group in 2017 and went on to progress to the 3rd round where he was beaten by Biker Scout. 2016 saw him fail in the group stage as Han Hoth topped his group, 2015 saw him clear the group stage before being dealt a thrashing at the hands of Jawa, and in 2014 it was a second round exit to Boba Fett. Good pedigree for getting out of the group stages.

The final figure in this group, Amanaman, failed to clear the group stage in 2014/15 and 2016. In 2017 he turned on the style finishing runner up to Yoda in Group H. The celebratiobns were short lived though as he went down 46-13 to r2-D2.

This looks a tough round to call, choose your three choices carefully!!!

Group will shut at 3.30pm on Friday 5th January

Group D.jpg

subzero

Sith Lord
Very easy one for me, Royal Guard, Gamorrean Guard, Squid Head, all 3 are my childhood faves.

All the other figures I never had as a kid. Nostalgia wins again!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
The Hammerhead sculpt was brilliant, one of my favourite figures, gets my vote.

This was a figure I always wanted as a kid and never saw it for sale anywhere - ever. A lad at the top of the road had one and I managed to persuade him to swap it for my Tie Pilot. Was very happy with it until his mum found out and made him swap it back :( the bitch.

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Oh come on people, Amanaman rocks! Bossk and Hammerhead too!

I wonder if being colour deficient changes how the colours work for me??

Pabs1977

Padawan
Very tough choice but Bossk pips Hammerhead for me. Secretly love Squid Head - childhood fave with great sculpt, epic skirt / cape / belt combo plus one of the best gun grips in the business.

ERG a given.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Agree this is a real toughie too. ERG is one of the classic ROTJ figures. Bossk is a great ESB figure though the toxic limbs variant is the real reason I love him. Hammerhead is a great SW figure (there really aren't any bad first 21 TBH IMO). Squid Head is excellent too, but I've put GG through as he was the only figure I had two of when I was little. :D

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Another former champion tops a group, this showing from ERG is impressive in what was quite a split group. Bossk rocks up in second spot beating a host of other good figures. Interesting to see how he fairs in second round after so much support in this group stage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom