How NOT to display your collection

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
Probably not something you want to admit too, but has anyone got photos of their collection in a mess?

Here is photos I rediscovered recently that I took about 16 years ago of some of my collection. There is no excuse really, but I don't think I respected it as much then. Sixteen years ago, it was easier to find vintage items. Now I look, being near that fire was rather silly!

Vader does look rather part of the family among family photos on the mantelpiece.

star-wars-collection-1-retro-toy-info.png

star-wars-collection-2-retro-toy-info.png

subzero

Sith Lord
Wow what a mess! :shock: even if the plastics don't melt from the heat the rapid changes in temp with that evil heater being turned on would have been highly damaging to the cards and plastics, within the small area around that type of heater it gets very hot very quickly.

I don't have any pics i'm afraid of my collection from years back, but around 2001 - 2002 I had a small stint in collecting vintage SW and in hindsight i'm so glad I didn't have any money to buy anything of high value or significance, and luckily my collection was very small. I was young and didn't know any better and I used to smoke in my bedroom, I mean a lot, 20 - 30 fags a day ( plus my mates and girlfriend all smoking in there too ) to the point where my walls, ceiling and silver TV would be dirty orange after a few months, any figures I had would have been destroyed if I carried on collecting in that environment. I never thought anything of it because smoking in my room was such a normal thing for me to do and you don't notice how bad the smell is when you're a full time smoker, I was doing that since I was 15, no figures were protected with cases/cabinets either and were just openly sitting on a shelf.

Now I only smoke ecigs and have not smoked in my house for a few years now.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
It's great to have photos like this Alex, from earlier times in your collecting journey. I have a few from over the years and some from the beginning. I like having a look every now and then, reminds me how it's progressed in ten years. I was quite casual with it all at the start and had stuff just lying around. You should stick some photos of your current display/collection in the showcase section.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That fireplace is quality! Tell me you still have it.

Straight out of the 70's! 8)

hellhippie

Jedi Master
i had cabinets made and had my kenner line sitting on the wall in my den with out any light blocking going on for years . i learned later that this was not very smart

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
weasel said:
That fireplace is quality! Tell me you still have it.

Straight out of the 70's! 8)

I am no longer in that property, but the fireplace was cool. Best thing in the house lol. It's actually a 1930s fireplace, same age as the house. Ornate fireplaces became unfashionable and often got covered over or ripped out altogether, which is a shame.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom