Antiques shop near me selling ROTJ poster.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
They had this poster up on the wall for £500, I thought it was a bit much?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Return-of-the-Jedi-Style-B-1983-Original-Movie-Poster-27x41-Folded-US-1-Sheet/173074126678?hash=item284c059756:g:VNsAAOSwQTVV8hnd

i've done very little in searching for other examples and this one popped up straight away at almost half the price!

I know these shops pay rent but that markup is taking the piss!

subzero

Sith Lord
Maybe they're trying to cash in around the new film being out?

I love that poster image though it's such an iconic & nostalgic image, that being said that's a sky high price!

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I've little knowledge of the original posters and wouldn't know a UK 1-sheet from a US 1-sheet so couldn't really comment on what's a sensible price or not.

However, there are always places that thrive from people rocking up with no knowledge of what they're buying or its value - people like that guy who appeared on here last year whose mate spent $10K on the plastic Vader helmet with faked cast signatures on it.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
peekaygee73 said:
I've little knowledge of the original posters and wouldn't know a UK 1-sheet from a US 1-sheet so couldn't really comment on what's a sensible price or not.

However, there are always places that thrive from people rocking up with no knowledge of what they're buying or its value - people like that guy who appeared on here last year whose mate spent $10K on the plastic Vader helmet with faked cast signatures on it.

You get the opposite as well with people in charity shops with there phone out checking ebay to see if they can sell something for more money, I see it all the time now :cry:

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
peekaygee73 said:

You get the opposite as well with people in charity shops with there phone out checking ebay to see if they can sell something for more money, I see it all the time now :cry:
Absolutely true. I'm involved with an animal charity and saw someone trying to buy a painting which hadn't been priced up. They were offering about a fifth of its true value and they knew exactly what it was. They were very insistent and getting borderline aggressive. Thankfully the charity already knew its worth and refused.

subzero

Sith Lord
I hate the carboot flippers, the ones who buy things from your stall then take all the **** to their stall just several cars away from you to try selling it all for more. It happened to my mom and dad once years ago some loud mouth woman was like i'll have that, that, that, that and that etc etc, grabs the entire lot in her arms after paying for it all and walks to her stall a couple of cars away and displays the whole lot on her table to flip. :evil: The brazen ****ing cheek of it, just complete disrespectful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom