• Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Barada

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Group K is certainly more entertaining than Group J. Although once again we don't see any figures who have particularly stood out in previous competitions.

For Leia though this group is huge as we see two of her incarnations go into battle. Leia Bespin, beautiful cape, wonderful cardback although not taken into account in this competition (coming later this year!). 2017 saw this figure struggle massively as she came 5th in a group of 6, Han Carbonite prevented her finishing bottom of that particular group but she couldn't finish above Leia Poncho who she meets in this group again, AT-AT Driver, TIE Pilot and Fett, in fairness that is a pretty tough group. As you can tell Leia Ponchos fate wasn't much better in 2017 as she finished fourth in this group. In 2016 when the format was different and opening groups were only made up of three figures, both exited at that stage again, Leia Nespin finished runner up to Threepio whilst Leia Poncho would finish bottom of a group which saw IG-88 progress. however, in 2015 both of these figures enjoyed successful group stages, Leia Poncho topped a group comfortably beating Rebel Commander and Sy Snootles, whilst Leia Bespin had a closer tussle eventually succeeding against Leia Hoth and White BSG. The second round though wasn't great for either as Leia Poncho was thrashed by Han Solo, although Leia Bespin put up more of a fight she went on to lose by a single vote as she exited at the hands of Death Squad Commander. 2014 was group stage exits again though as both finished third in their respective groups, Leia Poncho finishing behind Fett and Tusken, whilst Leia Bespin couldn't get past Luke Bespin or Dengar.

R2-D2, original release, will surely be the one to beat in this group though, topping his group in 2014, which was an all droid group with R5, Power Droid and DSD his competition, R2 would fall in the second round to Fett. In 2015 he topped his group again, this time in the second round he won comfortably beating Snaggletooth by 23 votes, but he fell short in the 3rd round as Luke X-Wing Pilot beat him by four votes. 2016 he fell in the group stage finishing second to eventual competition winner ERG, but in 2017 he was back in fine form, topping a difficult group which included Luke X-Wing, Greedo and Dengar amongst others. Making light work in the second round with a 46-21 victory over Squid Head he moved into the third round to equal his best performance, this round saw him draw with Sand People so both progressed to create a three way quarter final but R2 and Sand People both came up short as TIE Pilot defeated them both on the three way vote.

4-LOM, another great underated figure was a group casualty in 2017 and 2016, but in both 2014 and 2015 he cleared the group stages exiting the competition in 2014 in second round to Stormtrooper and 2015 in second round to Hoth Stormtrooper where he actually only picked up one solitary vote.

Paploo and Barada who both make up this group have been group causalities every year so they will be looking for a some fresh loving from a lot of folk if they are to compete in a group like this.

PLEASE SELECT THREE

VOTING CLOSES TUESDAY 10am

Group K.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
A card back comp. was discussed last year, so glad that this may happen this year.
Will be as big a hit as this one I'm sure.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Agreed. I'd love to see a card back competition. As for this round of the figure vote, I've gone for 4-LOM, R2-D2 and the lovely Leia Bespin :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Agreed. I'd love to see a card back competition. As for this round of the figure vote, I've gone for 4-LOM, R2-D2 and the lovely Leia Bespin :)
Snap, find it hard to believe that Leia Bespin is lagging behind again!

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
A card back comp. was discussed last year, so glad that this may happen this year.
I love the idea of a MOC battle. It will make for an interesting comparison. Some of my favourite MOCs are completely different to my favourite figures. And I also think there will be even more divided opinion. Subzero hates Luke Jedi but it is one of my favourite MOCs.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Mini99 said:
I love the idea of a MOC battle. It will make for an interesting comparison. Some of my favourite MOCs are completely different to my favourite figures. And I also think there will be even more divided opinion. Subzero hates Luke Jedi but it is one of my favourite MOCs.
Yes a card back/ MOC poll was talked about last year, as a mainly MOC collector I was all for it.
It would be very intresting, as I suspect that the outcome will be very different to the winner of this poll, sometimes the card back art is better than the figure.
One to look forward to, if Stuart will take it on.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
comfortable win for r2, but a decent result for 4-LOM as he beats two Leia figures to grab the second qualifying spot. Poor old paploo sees the second worst score so far in the competition

Latest posts

Top Bottom