falcon training ball

gustie

Sith Lord
ive finally got a jedi training ball and arm to finish my falcon :)

i wondered if anyone has the 2nd type on the pic on this link...

OTC_MILLENNIUM_O.jpg

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Keep in mind they have made a repro of the training ball. This could be the round one. Not sure as I do not have a repro of the training arm and ball.

gustie

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
Heres repro, but it looks more like the common one.

http://www.reproparts.net/shopexd.asp?id=71

heh i found that site tonight too

ill photo mine - im 99% its original but the ball looks quite large - its not a bead anyways lol

Joe

Grand Master
The only Falcon I ever owned had the first type, the "polyhedral bead" I always thought it looked like something your granny has in her sewing box :D

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
gustie said:
tiefighterboy said:
Heres repro, but it looks more like the common one.

http://www.reproparts.net/shopexd.asp?id=71

heh i found that site tonight too

ill photo mine - im 99% its original but the ball looks quite large - its not a bead anyways lol

Dont want to spend tons of money to display a complete Ship?? Here is your answer!!! Up for sale is a Replacement Millennium Falcon Jedi Training Ball and Arm Set The arm is cast in grey and has great detail. The ball is cast in black, It is not a bead from a craft store. This item is great for displaying or completing your vintage star wars toy! This Item is New, it was made in 2006

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
The second one just looks like a bead to me. I've owned a lot of Falcons over the years including ones with sealed parts bags and not once have I seen a smooth training ball. Never owned a Ledy boxed one though so maybe that one was different :?

jezza124

Jedi Master
my strings black is it spose be white
http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj107/JEZZA124/?action=view&current=SL731257.jpg

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Darth Wensleydale said:
The second one just looks like a bead to me. I've owned a lot of Falcons over the years including ones with sealed parts bags and not once have I seen a smooth training ball. Never owned a Ledy boxed one though so maybe that one was different :?

Well bugger me, I recently picked up an unused Palitoy falcon and inside the tape sealed parts bag was a plain bead ball. Thats the first one I've seen. I guess the image at the start of the post is correct then. Anybody else seen these before?

Here its is:

IMG_7115.jpg

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Must be as the rest of the falcon is mint with unapplied stickers and you can see that its never been put together. The tape on the bag is also yellowed and the same as on the main parts bag. Definitely the real deal. I certainly remember my childhood one being the polyhedral one and I've had Palitoy Falcons since that were also polyhedral. I wonder if Palitoy ran out and just got hold of some beads instead?

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I bought a small job lot of weapons. None of them were vintage SW but, amonst them, is the Falcon training arm.

It's cast it a soft metal, like lead! I'm pretty sure it's repro but it would be great to have that confirmed on the off-chance it's something unusual.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom