SWTOTW, Week 2, 2018, Part 1/2 Patrol Dewback

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Patrol Dewback:

f989eb38aad99fa599087bc3a4927e34a4e3d9b82ac72104b8.jpg

I did not have this Dewback when I was a kid, I have never seen it for sale in denmark in the 70s and 80s. Star Wars first became big in the toy stores in the early 80s in Denmark. But maybe a few small toy stores had them, I have heard stories about a few stores sold star wars in the 70s.

So when I started as an adult star wars collector then this was one of my first beasts that I bought :D

Here is a picture of my Patrol Dewback collection :D

All other members on the forum is also welcome to share pictures and discuss the Dewback in this thread :D

P1150944.JPG

Attachments

• P1150944.JPG
    P1150944.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,665

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Not much love for the Dewback? Is it because of the quickly disintegrating reins? Bought my collector series boxed as a MISB in 2001 for £30. Opened it to display and within a few a months the reins was in bits... :?

subzero

Sith Lord
Every time I see a vintage Dewback I get a little confused, I keep thinking i'm looking at a modern toy based on the Dewbacks from the 90's special edition New Hope. :lol:

Crumm

Padawan
I don't have one.

But I like the box image, the good guys peering out from behind the rocks :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
rhyfelyser said:
Not much love for the Dewback? Is it because of the quickly disintegrating reins? Bought my collector series boxed as a MISB in 2001 for £30. Opened it to display and within a few a months the reins was in bits... :?

Yes the reins easily breaks, ah I remember the good old days in 2001 where you could buy misb for good prices, everything was good prices in 2001 :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Every time I see a vintage Dewback I get a little confused, I keep thinking i'm looking at a modern toy based on the Dewbacks from the 90's special edition New Hope. :lol:

sorry to read you get confused every time you see one :lol:

So will there not be any funny pictures from you with your dewback ? :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Crumm said:
I don't have one.

But I like the box image, the good guys peering out from behind the rocks :D

No problem, so far it looks like I am the only one who have a Dewback on the forum :lol:

Yes the good guys is peering behind the rocks, I think the front at the box is really cool 8)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I love the Dewback. I don't remember seeing it over here as a kid (think I heard it was US release only) and as a result it was one of the first things I picked up when I got back into collecting.

I like the way he looks, the fact you can wiggle his head and tail (a bit like a Jabba) and I love that you can stick your Stormie in him using the trap door. The SW Figure line weren't like MOTU where He-Man could sit aside Battle Cat because of his swivel legs so this was ingenious!

Anyways Lars here's my Dewback. He came with a ROTJ catalogue with Jabba on the front as this was the collector's issue re-released in 1984.

Attachments

• 305DBD5B-8E06-46B0-8D1E-66C7E9E9EBCF.jpeg
    305DBD5B-8E06-46B0-8D1E-66C7E9E9EBCF.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,538
  • 6407875A-17CD-4C9B-BE14-6F6745CB4649.jpeg
    6407875A-17CD-4C9B-BE14-6F6745CB4649.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,540
  • C517688B-8996-4ECF-AAD1-1E826A574855.jpeg
    C517688B-8996-4ECF-AAD1-1E826A574855.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 1,539

subzero

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:

Haha, unfortunately no funny pictures, I don't have a Dewback. :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:

Haha, unfortunately no funny pictures, I don't have a Dewback. :lol:

Oh sorry to read you do not have a Dewback and if I remember correct I did also not see any funny power droid pictures from you :shock: :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Star Wars is my favourite movie. I love the original Mos Eisley scenes (not the stupid dinosaur), it's my favourite part of the movie. My favourite figures from the toy line are the SW figures - the first 12, Luke X-Wing and the Cantina Aliens. Perhaps that's another reason why I wanted The Patrol Dewback and one of my goals for 2018 is to get a Kenner Pop-up Bonnet Landspeeder.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
I love the Dewback. I don't remember seeing it over here as a kid (think I heard it was US release only) and as a result it was one of the first things I picked up when I got back into collecting.

I like the way he looks, the fact you can wiggle his head and tail (a bit like a Jabba) and I love that you can stick your Stormie in him using the trap door. The SW Figure line weren't like MOTU where He-Man could sit aside Battle Cat because of his swivel legs so this was ingenious!

Anyways Lars here's my Dewback. He came with a ROTJ catalogue with Jabba on the front as this was the collector's issue re-released in 1984.

Thanks mate for sharing the pictures and the story. So it was maybe also not sold in the UK :shock: I remember I have seen a canadian box :? so maybe it was sold in usa and canada and maybe a few shops in europe imported the Dewback :?

I also like that you can stick a figure in him, just like the TaunTaun, I think that is cool :D

In the collectors box that I have there is this catalog, is that the same you have in your box ?

Patrol Dewback 15.JPG

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Yep that's the one. Didn't have any instructions or We Really Do Care leaflet or any other stuff though. Don't know if it should do.

Contains nothing else in a collectors version, just the cardboard insert and the mini catalogue seen above. Legs of my Dewback has discoloured into a blueish tinge.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Star Wars is my favourite movie. I love the original Mos Eisley scenes (not the stupid dinosaur), it's my favourite part of the movie. My favourite figures from the toy line are the SW figures - the first 12, Luke X-Wing and the Cantina Aliens. Perhaps that's another reason why I wanted The Patrol Dewback and one of my goals for 2018 is to get a Kenner Pop-up Bonnet Landspeeder.

What is a Kenner Pop-up Bonnet Landspeeder :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Yep that's the one. Didn't have any instructions or We Really Do Care leaflet or any other stuff though. Don't know if it should do.

I am not sure if there should be any instruction or leaflet in the box I have not seen any instructions for it before :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Looking at Emiel's MIB Collection he doesn't have anything either
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3989&p=55403#p55403

Yes I know emiel also does not have any in his boxes in his fantastic collection. I hope emiel will join this star wars toy of the week threads, he have so many cool boxes 8)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
What is a Kenner Pop-up Bonnet Landspeeder :?
Sorry, just open bonnet version. Figure of speech. The Kenner version has the open bonnet whereas the Palitoy version doesn't have one. Most folks from the UK desire the Palitoy variant because of the Palitoy Logo and the packaging is better. But I just love the fact you can open the bonnet. :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
rhyfelyser said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Contains nothing else in a collectors version, just the cardboard insert and the mini catalogue seen above. Legs of my Dewback has discoloured into a blueish tinge.

Any pictures of your Dewback ? :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom