Current prices for a "minty" loose set

tundra9

Sith Lord
Hello chaps, been a while!

Just wondering how much a full loose set in good condition would cost, looking to complete mine, as I've started a new job with decent pay I can start collecting again. (Here we go....)

Cheers

Oh, happy new year!

Jorn

subzero

Sith Lord
At a guess i'd say about between £4k - £5k

Can't believe iv'e just typed that! :shock:

subzero

Sith Lord
tundra9 said:
subzero said:
At a guess i'd say about between £4k - £5k

Can't believe iv'e just typed that! :shock:

Oh f..k.... :shock:

Minty condition prices are quite high, everyone is after them unfortunately.

And most figures though you'd be looking at around £15 - £30 complete and mint, but it's all the other ones that very quickly jump up the overall price of your collection, like a lot of the last 17 and also some first 12 can be expensive in mint cond.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
If you take your time and put in a bit of research you'll find you can cut the costs considerably. For example I picked up Leia Organa in near mint condition for £58 but mostly she's selling at £90 - £120 like that.

But if you can't wait and you're buying mint at the current costs 4K - 4.5K is a good estimate from subzero.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
If you take your time and put in a bit of research you'll find you can cut the costs considerably. For example I picked up Leia Organa in near mint condition for £58 but mostly she's selling at £90 - £120 like that.

But if you can't wait and you're buying mint at the current costs 4K - 4.5K is a good estimate from subzero.
I completely agree - focus, patience and a keen eye can get you some real bargains.

subzero

Sith Lord
Several months back I managed to pick up 3PO fixed limbs, R2 solid dome, and Death Star Droid all for £50 off ebay in 1 lot, and all 3 figures were mint!!

And the other week I picked up a mint A-Wing pilot with black POTF blaster for £80, the blaster alone goes for more than that.

The deals are out there with some patience and luck.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
subzero said:
Several months back I managed to pick up 3PO fixed limbs, R2 solid dome, and Death Star Droid all for £50 off ebay in 1 lot, and all 3 figures were mint!!

And the other week I picked up a mint A-Wing pilot with black POTF blaster for £80, the blaster alone goes for more than that.

I remember that one, you said something like buy 2 get 1 free

subzero

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
subzero said:

I remember that one, you said something like buy 2 get 1 free

I think it was buy 1 get 2 free :) especially in today's ebay prices anyway, probably the best deal iv'e had so far.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Welcome back Jorn happy New Year.
Patience is the key, but prices are silly!

Good to have you back, don't forget to update the artistic thread with any of your fantastic carving :wink:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Good to see you back! It depends what you have missing - the majority of Empire and Jedi figures have barely risen in 25 years, you can still pick most up for around £10-15 with a few exceptions (B-Wing Pilot and Leia Poncho have gone mad due to blaster prices.)

On the other hand prepare to bend over for some of the first 21 and last 17, they have really rocketed. £100+ for a Leia Organa these days :eek:

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Probably at least £5k nowadays if you're talking about a truly mint set.

Luke Stormtrooper, EV9D9, Yak Face and R2 Pop Up are going to be about £1k just for those 4 .

coomber75

Sith Lord
welcome back and good luck on your hunt, the deals are still out there, just a bit harder to find.... but i must admit its gone up since I completed my run... 4k :eek:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
It's a bit like a recession, you talk about it enough you will be in one...if you talk and believe that the prices we see are now normal, then that's what they will be. :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom