79bks sold in Australia ?

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Hi all , I read recently on a Facebook post that Star Wars and empire characters on rotj 79bks are quite hard to find and that they originate from Australia unfortunately I can no longer find the post but was wondering if anybody has any more info on this as it's all new to me and have not heard of this before?

Thanks in advance

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
Hi

This post on rebelscum talks about 79 back rotj cards

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=813967

It includes a post from John Kellerman

"In my book, I show only 43 79-Backs that I'm aware of. I'm sure there are more out there but I doubt that all the first 79 characters were produced on 79-Back cards.

The 79-Backs are the most difficust of the ROTJ cards.

John"

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Cheers for the link that was an interesting read , only one post said they got one from Australia so don't think that's enough proof to suggest they originate from down under but I'll keep researching :)

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
Cardbackkid said:
Cheers for the link that was an interesting read , only one post said they got one from Australia so don't think that's enough proof to suggest they originate from down under but I'll keep researching :)

ok, here is another swf link discussing http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=23671

There is one mention of Australia

"79 backs are quite rare for a lot of the earlier characters (ESB)- seem to be Australia only releases"

spoons

Grand Master
Definitely an Australian thing and many have very fragile yellow bubbles so the trip over does them no favours.

My 79 Han Hoth was the toughest of my run to track down and even then his feet popped through the bubble in transit. Got sent a 79 CCP from Aus too and that broke through the bubble too.

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Yeah there's a han bespin on eBay Australia and it's been graded 80 but the bubble also looks very yellow so doubt that would make it in transit .. not that I'm looking to buy it

jared007

Padawan
I did the bulk of my MOC collecting in Australia in the 90s. Just checked and I have ten 79 backs (for comparison I have thirty 77 backs). So maybe that represents a higher proportion than usual?

I've also heard that most of the 79s came from Australia. I'm not sure if that was on purpose, more likely just another aspect of Australia being the *dumping ground* at the very end. Similar to how Aus has more than it's fair share of POTF Yaks.

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
jared007 said:
I did the bulk of my MOC collecting in Australia in the 90s. Just checked and I have ten 79 backs (for comparison I have thirty 77 backs). So maybe that represents a higher proportion than usual?

I've also heard that most of the 79s came from Australia. I'm not sure if that was on purpose, more likely just another aspect of Australia being the *dumping ground* at the very end. Similar to how Aus has more than it's fair share of POTF Yaks.

Agree this seems very likely

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I got my 79 Back 2-1b a couple of years after I thought I'd finished my kenner MOC run. Hadn't seen one before that.

Cheers Jason

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
mr_palitoy said:
I got my 79 Back 2-1b a couple of years after I thought I'd finished my kenner MOC run. Hadn't seen one before that.

Cheers Jason

Did you get it from Australia Jason ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom