Luke Farmboy questions and advise request - Fake lightsabers and COO matches

Merrion

Padawan
Hi All

I'm looking for some advise please. I have attached a number of pictures below of luke farmboy's that I have in addition to the lightsabres that also came with them.

What I would like to get your opinions on is if any of the lightsabres look fake as there are some different colours. I have show them in differing lights. Two of the lighsabres have letters on the hilt . The top one which is a darker yellow colour has the letter "y" and the last one in yhe picture which is almost translucent in apperance has the letter H I think.

Also is there any logic to which lightsaber belongs to which Luke which may be dependent on where it was made or the type of COO it is? The top row of Lukes have the following COO's starting from the left - HK ; Scarred out COO; Scarrred out COO; Scarrred out COO;

The bottom row of Lukes have the following COO details starting from left - Taiwan; HK; China and HK.

Apprecaite and feedback or advise you may have.

Thanks

20180114_134821.jpg

20180114_134910.jpg

20180114_134654.jpg

20180114_104459.jpg

20180114_103450.jpg

Merrion

Padawan
TheJabbaWookie said:
I think you'll need the help of AJ here. The second from bottom doesn't look right for me though.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah the second from bottom does have an oddish colour when compared to the others. Having said that the one at top also stands out for having a different colour from the rest but has a lettered hilt.

Dont think repros have lettered hilts though?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Merrion said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
I think you'll need the help of AJ here. The second from bottom doesn't look right for me though.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah the second from bottom does have an oddish colour when compared to the others. Having said that the one at top also stands out for having a different colour from the rest but has a lettered hilt.

I have an original lettered hilt saber that is of a similar richer yellow colour. Like you say have not heard of a Repro lettered hilt. It is not so much the colour of the saber on the 2nd from bottom as the transition itself and it's placement on the shaft.

If you don't hear from AJ I would suggest PMing him. He is an excellent source of knowledge and very good at getting back to people, especially when it's on his favourite topic of original weapons and repros. He has a small collection of Luke sabers - here is a link to a discussion had with him on TIG.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t9033-help-debunking-the-st-lightsaber-myth

Merrion

Padawan
TheJabbaWookie said:
Merrion said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

I have an original lettered hilt saber that is of a similar richer yellow colour. Like you say have not heard of a Repro lettered hilt. It is not so much the colour of the saber on the 2nd from bottom as the transition itself and it's placement on the shaft.

If you don't hear from AJ I would suggest PMing him. He is an excellent source of knowledge and very good at getting back to people, especially when it's on his favourite topic of original weapons and repros. He has a small collection of Luke sabers - here is a link to a discussion had with him on TIG.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t9033-help-debunking-the-st-lightsaber-myth

Thanks again, appreciate the help and advise. Ill take your advise and PM AJ to see if he can reply to this question.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom