Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 2, 2018, Part 2/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 2, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:06 pm

retrotoyinfo wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
retrotoyinfo wrote:Your testing us with this one! Here is my Logray on the card. I think he is the rarest of the Ewoks series, what do you think?

The Droids and Ewoks series have become more famous for the unproduced second series figures that were advertised in the Kenner Toy Fair catalog 1986. I think as well because of Glasslite Vlix. Kenner had major plans to continue the cartoons and figures, including the Pre-School line, along with the POTF figures. It is a shame all of these plans were dropped in 1986.

I always thought four of the six ewok figures looked similar, I often mixed up dulok shaman and dulok scout. Logray added something special to the series.

I am not an expert on Ewok moc, but I also think it is more rare than the others. if I remember correct the figure is also the most expensive of them all.

I agree the second series is more famous and when this custom made moc is for sale then they sell for more money than many original moc :shock:

Yes it was a shame they dropped it in 1986 :( I guess for kids it was also not fun only to have 2 ewoks and 4 duloks :?

Not sure if you are referring to mine, but it is original carded one not custom made. I have found a lot (relatively speaking) of the original Droids and Ewoks series cards can be found unpunched, maybe because they were not as popular and were not retailed on hangers?

It was a bit of a ruse creating a ewoks series figures with only two out of six ewoks. And then to rub salt in the wounds, have more ewok figures on the way which were never produced. Same as Vlix which was the most impressive Droids figure, then for Kenner not bother to make it!

I am also fan of ewok pre-school line, I probably love the ewoks toys more than I do the ewoks in the rotj

I just meant that the Ewoks 2nd series is custom made and that they sell for more money on ebay than some real moc :D

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:07 pm

Hooch wrote:Logray makes a appearance in this Spanish Cube Puzzle

Nice I have never seen or heard about that puzzle before :shock:

Hooch
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Hooch » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:02 am

This ones a bit more common
Spanish Comic Book Display
Hooch, somehow you always make ewoks look cool 8)

My feedback: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23429

My most wanted: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23845

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 am

Hooch wrote:This ones a bit more common
Spanish Comic Book Display

It looks really cool, thanks for the picture, I have never seen it before. Do you have more ? :D

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”